Grease zerks on rear axle housing 75A

/ Grease zerks on rear axle housing 75A #1  

dsitzes

Tractor
Case IH 75A
Hello there, I have a new 75A. There are two angled grease zerks on the inside of rear tires near each rear hub, on top of axle housing. My question is how much grease do these usually take? The owners manual doesn't even list these grease zerks anywhere or in any part of the maintenance. I put quite a bit of grease in each grease zerk and didnt see any come out anywhere. Thanks for the info!

/ Grease zerks on rear axle housing 75A #2  
Hello there, I have a new 75A. There are two angled grease zerks on the inside of rear tires near each rear hub, on top of axle housing. My question is how much grease do these usually take? The owners manual doesn't even list these grease zerks anywhere or in any part of the maintenance. I put quite a bit of grease in each grease zerk and didnt see any come out anywhere. Thanks for the info!
I put 6 pumps every service. For my grease gun that is 1/3 oz. Just what I do, not what I was told or read :oops:

/ Grease zerks on rear axle housing 75A #3  
I was told to put in 3 pumps roll tire 1/3 pump 3 and roll 1/3rd again then 3 pumps and not to go overboard with the grease

/ Grease zerks on rear axle housing 75A #4  
You do not want to see the grease on those. That would be bad. Odd the manual says nothing. On my older Deere they are 600 hr grease fitting so every oil change (approx 200-250hr) they get 2 pumps each from grease gun. Been doing it that way for 40 years.

/ Grease zerks on rear axle housing 75A #5  
Sure you got it fiqured out by now but jThis is out of my 75c manual

Attachments

• 20231024_075524.jpg
    20231024_075524.jpg
    949.9 KB · Views: 52
   / Grease zerks on rear axle housing 75A #6  
Most likely keeps the outboard axle shaft seal lubricated and any excess grease will migrate into the axle housing and eventually mix with the transmission fluid.

Interesting in as much as none of my Kubota's has outboard grease fittings