Grandfather - first time

/ Grandfather - first time #11  
Congratulations SC. It'll be a fun ride for a lot of years to come. My G-kids are 16 (g-daughter) and 17 (g-son) YOA now. Grandson is trying to get into West Point and the Corps of Engineers.

/ Grandfather - first time #13  
Congrats! I'm hopefully a few years from that...daughter 1 gets married in May. She wants kids soon, though. I'm in no hurry.

/ Grandfather - first time #14  
Congrats SC !

/ Grandfather - first time #15  
Only until you hold him/her in your arms for the first time, and start thinking about teaching the kid to fish, hunt, play ball, drive your tractor, or anything else which you enjoy and want to share with them.
^This.

Anyone who doesn't get that warm fuzzy feeling around their grandkids just ain't human.

/ Grandfather - first time
Yeah, good deal Mr. chicken. but I am not so sure I look forward to grampaism. will make me feel old.........
Grandpa is by default
Opa is out (too old)
Papa does not work (already taken, too many issues)

I'm thinking "Pappy" works for me :)

I had a 3 hr visit with them on Saturday, held the little munchkin for about an hour - it was great

/ Grandfather - first time #17  
I had a 3 hr visit with them on Saturday, held the little munchkin for about an hour - it was great
I'll bet that you were smiling like a Cheshire Cat the entire time. 👍

/ Grandfather - first time #18  
Loved being called "Gwampa" and helping shape their lives and characters. Congrats on a new and exciting adventure.