Golden jubilee

/ Golden jubilee #1  

Turboheater

Tractor
53 golden jubilee
I have a golden jubilee that i rescued that hasnt ran in over 30 yrs, i got it running and it did run great but lately it starts to die after 1-2 minutes..mind you, i did not replace any parts to get it running, i just added gas and a battery and it started right up and drove it about 1\2 mile home. I changed coil, no good, new fuel bowl, no good, cleaned fuel tank, no good, rebult carb, no good.. It still dies after 1-2 min yet i drove it 1/2 mile with no problems and used it for 2 months without any problems until now.. The battery was not a good battery, had to jump it/charge it often but it is good enough to start it, if you let it crank it does die quickly.. So, could this be a battery issue or a charging issue ? As too why the tractor dies ?

/ Golden jubilee #2  
Do the plugs still fire after the engine dies? How long does it have to sit before restarting?

Last edited:
   / Golden jubilee #3  
Could it be a fuel restriction limiting flow?

/ Golden jubilee #5  
Exact same issue with my Jubilee. Run a few minutes & shut down, wait 30~60 minutes and it would start again. Ended up tracing it back to the key switch assembly.
You didn't ask, but the 2nd smartest thing you can do is put electronic ignition on it.

/ Golden jubilee #6  
I would replace points and condenser

/ Golden jubilee #7  
I have a golden jubilee that i rescued that hasnt ran in over 30 yrs, i got it running and it did run great but lately it starts to die after 1-2 minutes..mind you, i did not replace any parts to get it running, i just added gas and a battery and it started right up and drove it about 1\2 mile home. I changed coil, no good, new fuel bowl, no good, cleaned fuel tank, no good, rebult carb, no good.. It still dies after 1-2 min yet i drove it 1/2 mile with no problems and used it for 2 months without any problems until now.. The battery was not a good battery, had to jump it/charge it often but it is good enough to start it, if you let it crank it does die quickly.. So, could this be a battery issue or a charging issue ? As too why the tractor dies ?
Need to check for fuel and fire when happens. If you have spark I'd the fuel system since has no fuel pump ( gravity fed) . It doesn't take much to restrict the fuel. Ii would look closely at the fuel tank to see if it had debris in that cover the drain hole. I have found what looks an insect of some type made nest in fuel lines. I have no idea how it got in. I know you said you cleaned the fuel tank. Have tools ready & see if any fuel is getting to carburetor