GC2300 FEL valve replacement info

/ GC2300 FEL valve replacement info #1  

mewaschuk

Tractor
GC2300
I've found a lot of inaacurate/incomplete information regarding replacement of the GC2300 FEL control valve and wanted to share my experience. After getting soaked in hot hydro multiple times, getting stranded with blown orings, soaked right boot, etc. I decided to get a new FEL control valve. After much reading on this and other forums I ordered the NT Brand PLV22RFSTKAB and skid steer coupming from Summit Hydraulics (awesome prices BTW!!!) After getting everything installed I powered the tactor up, no leaks, go to use the joystick and WTF is going on...the up/down and dump/curl are all backwards and since this valve body has regen (rapid dump) and float it's not a simple swap the lines and be done.

Well....It turns out Brand had 4 different mounting orientations which dictate how the joystick opeates. The NT units is the 'A' config which means the valve body is designed to be mounted vertical and the the left of the mounting plate. My OE GC2300 valve is mounted horzontal and on top of the mounting plate, which means I need what Brand calls an 'A3' version. This particular 'A' valve cannot be converted to an 'A3' because the valve has regen and the spool cavities are machined differently and cannot be swapped, plus you need a dofferent joystick pivot. Well NT sells the Brand PLV22TSTKAB, which does not have regen and CAN be converted to 'A3' config. But the conversion parts are ~$250 on top of the $300 valve...no thanks.

So I ended up ordering a MB series 3 spool valve from Brand Fluid Power (distributor) in the 'A3' config. This gave me a dedicated 3rd function lever in addition to the FEL joystick so I can add a hydro top link or whatever in the the future.

Summary - pay attention to the mounting configuration callout in the part number !

/ GC2300 FEL valve replacement info #2  
This is fantastic information. Thank you for sharing!

/ GC2300 FEL valve replacement info #3  
I've found a lot of inaacurate/incomplete information regarding replacement of the GC2300 FEL control valve and wanted to share my experience. After getting soaked in hot hydro multiple times, getting stranded with blown orings, soaked right boot, etc. I decided to get a new FEL control valve. After much reading on this and other forums I ordered the NT Brand PLV22RFSTKAB and skid steer coupming from Summit Hydraulics (awesome prices BTW!!!) After getting everything installed I powered the tactor up, no leaks, go to use the joystick and WTF is going on...the up/down and dump/curl are all backwards and since this valve body has regen (rapid dump) and float it's not a simple swap the lines and be done.

Well....It turns out Brand had 4 different mounting orientations which dictate how the joystick opeates. The NT units is the 'A' config which means the valve body is designed to be mounted vertical and the the left of the mounting plate. My OE GC2300 valve is mounted horzontal and on top of the mounting plate, which means I need what Brand calls an 'A3' version. This particular 'A' valve cannot be converted to an 'A3' because the valve has regen and the spool cavities are machined differently and cannot be swapped, plus you need a dofferent joystick pivot. Well NT sells the Brand PLV22TSTKAB, which does not have regen and CAN be converted to 'A3' config. But the conversion parts are ~$250 on top of the $300 valve...no thanks.

So I ended up ordering a MB series 3 spool valve from Brand Fluid Power (distributor) in the 'A3' config. This gave me a dedicated 3rd function lever in addition to the FEL joystick so I can add a hydro top link or whatever in the the future.

Summary - pay attention to the mounting configuration callout in the part number !

Thanks for the info-kinda reminds me of my neighbor's Hitachi 300LC excavator. The controls were all mix up for him - he was a John Deer excavator operator before. Come to find out you can change the control configurations very easily so he was able to convert the controls to the John Deer pattern at the valve manifold.

/ GC2300 FEL valve replacement info #4  
What is the part number (and cost) you ended up buying? I've been down the same rabbit hole but never saw a solution.

/ GC2300 FEL valve replacement info
What is the part number (and cost) you ended up buying? I've been down the same rabbit hole but never saw a solution.

I ended up with an MB23TSTKTSLA3B. Was ~$490.
One thing I have noticed is that the float detent is not a full spring return You have to release it from the detent before it spring returns to center. Different from the OEM valve.

IMG_2811[1].JPG

Last edited:
   / GC2300 FEL valve replacement info #6  
$490, Yikes.

Would like to have the extra function.

Just not that bad.

/ GC2300 FEL valve replacement info
not really. the correct replacement 2 spool valve is ~$400 and an add on 3rd function kit is ~$500, so in the end it's a no brainer to just get the 3 spool valve vs ~$900 to do it piecemeal.

/ GC2300 FEL valve replacement info #8  
not really. the correct replacement 2 spool valve is ~$400 and an add on 3rd function kit is ~$500, so in the end it's a no brainer to just get the 3 spool valve vs ~$900 to do it piecemeal.

Sure, if you need a new valve, and you want the 3rd function. It's a no brainer.

That was not my point.

If you have thought about a 3rd function, but can live without it, $500 to do it is not a bargain.

Especially, since there are other options for having additional hydraulic functions.

/ GC2300 FEL valve replacement info #9  
I ended up with an MB23TSTKTSLA3B. Was ~$490.
One thing I have noticed is that the float detent is not a full spring return You have to release it from the detent before it spring returns to center. Different from the OEM valve.

View attachment 614088
Do you have a link to this part I’m having trouble with my control valve?