Fun with square tubing

/ Fun with square tubing #1  

wroughtn_harv

Tractor
2013 Volvo MC85C
If there's an interest I can maybe do a little photo-tell on how to make your own square tubing bender.

The benefit of using of bent square tubing versus round tubing is that you can attach braces and covering material to it so easily.

Then you can fab up that rack for the four wheeler or tractor all by yourself to haul that old ice chest that no one makes a carrier that will fit it.

You could fab up that rack to hold the garbage cans up high enough so that the dogs don't scatter it all over the street. You could make that bracket to hold some of that stuff on the floor of the garage up on the wall. That way you'd have room for more stuff on the floor of the garage.

A neat project would be to make a green house without one weld! It can be done.

The bender can be made without a welder. It can be used to fabricate all kinds of neat things and all without a welder. But I must warn you. If you start fabbing things up you're gonna want to learn to weld. Just a hazard of making things.

/ Fun with square tubing #3  
Well don't keep me in suspence. Tell me more, I enjoy your posts.

/ Fun with square tubing #4  
Harv, your usual very interesting post. Yes, please let us know.
PJ

/ Fun with square tubing #5  
Like to see your ideas on the subject. I've been toying with the idea of buying a portable pipe bender and then making a set of dies for 2" square tube to fit it.

/ Fun with square tubing #6  
Harv

I would love to see it. While you're at it I would like to see any ideas on a 1.5'' tubing bender. I want to build a sand rail but can't find a bender that is affordable. I can buy a pre-bent kit but the shipping costs as much as the pipe kit because the one I want only comes pre jig welded. So I thought I could buy a bender and make it myself. It will still cost as much but I would also have a bender when I am done. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

BTW I have done pipe bending before so I do know what I am in for.

/ Fun with square tubing #8  
Yes, don't keep us in suspense. I love to read your posts!

/ Fun with square tubing #9  
Add one more vote to the tally. There's only about twenty things I can think of right off I could use that for.....

/ Fun with square tubing #10  
Ill take two. I have a friend who is desperate for one. Now all I will need is a tractor to build stuff for. Bob