Ford Shibaura SP1740 front lift possible?

/ Ford Shibaura SP1740 front lift possible? #1  

ganzenman

Tractor
Goldoni universal 224
Hi all,
i was looking into this tractor that came on sale not so far from where i live.
I've looked at the manual, but couldn't find whether a front lift is possible on this tractor?
How can i figure this out?
Thanks in advance for the assistance.
kind regard,
Kris

Attachments

• SHIBAURA SP1500 SP1540 SP1700 SP1740 SP1540LC SP1740LC Parts Manual.pdf
    6.6 MB · Views: 77
   / Ford Shibaura SP1740 front lift possible? #2  
I've looked at the manual, but couldn't find whether a front lift is possible on this tractor?

Front Lift? Do you mean a Front End Loader (FEL)?

/ Ford Shibaura SP1740 front lift possible? #3  
Caution about opening anything from a 1 post member.

/ Ford Shibaura SP1740 front lift possible?
Yes, front loader, sorry about the lack of technical teams front my end.

/ Ford Shibaura SP1740 front lift possible? #6  
Given the age, you're probably going to have a hard time finding one, but I'm sure they're out there.

Or maybe not; I hoped on Google image search, and they're all without! Maybe there was an aftermarket made? Stoll, Alo, something of the sort?
Some folks have the skills to build their loaders, @ptsg is someone with excellent skills, but that's far beyond my range of knowledge.

There's always the option of a scoop, though it's not a loader.

3-Point Dirt Scoop, Dirt Scoop, Dirt Scoop For Tractor | Agri Supply 67010

That's stateside, but I'm sure they're available somewhere near you.

/ Ford Shibaura SP1740 front lift possible? #7  
An aftermarket loader for the tractor you are contemplating will cost at least $5,000 delivered. Then you may need a new higher capacity hydraulic pump and plumbing to connect the two.

2-WD compact tractors are poor candidates for Loaders.

If you need a Loader, find a 4-WD tractor with a Loader already installed.

Last edited:
   / Ford Shibaura SP1740 front lift possible? #8  
You can put a loader on it. I've seen them. We have a 1900 tractor just like that. Just don't look for one to fit the tractor, just look for the right size loader. Saw a nice good one at the scrap yard a while back. Make brackets or have some made. Loader probably will come with brackets, adapt them to your machine. I have done exactly that several times.

/ Ford Shibaura SP1740 front lift possible?
ok great info everyone. thanks for the input and tips.

/ Ford Shibaura SP1740 front lift possible? #10  
I see that you have a Goldoni Universal 224 tractor, so I assume you're located somewhere in Europe.

There are some loader manufacturers who make loaders for these smaller tractors, unfortunately, I can't remember the names of the manufacturers of top of my head, but I suggest that you check some videos on Minitrekker youtube channel and try to figure out some loader manufacturers. They do walkarounds on all types of tractors, some with loaders too.