Ford LGT 16D tractor aka Shibaura

/ Ford LGT 16D tractor aka Shibaura #1  

msjanket

Silver Member
Been looking around for a small diesel type lawn tractor. Had a Kubota G6200, sold it. I like the small diesels.

I see there's a few Ford LGT's around the country, is this tractor a solid unit like the Kubota or is it a flimsy body and tranny sitting behind a rugged engine?

Also, are parts likely to be available at a Ford/New Holland dealer for this group of tractors? I've owned too many tractors based on whim and not parts availability. That has got to stop.

/ Ford LGT 16D tractor aka Shibaura #2  
I recently picked up a 1992 Ford LGT with Shibaura Diesel, Power Steering, 2 Speed Rear End, Hydrostat from a city auction. Rugged machine, had been poorly cared for by the city but survived in spite. No mower deck which was good for me, I use it to move a Mid Size Twin Engine general aviation airplane in and out of the hangar. Makes easy work of the job. On our property (6) acres I use a JD 4310 so use to tractors. Some parts are difficult to locate, but most are available .

/ Ford LGT 16D tractor aka Shibaura #3  
i owned a GT75 Ford which is a japanese shibaura unit 16hp, never had any trouble getting parts from ford at all i sold it last yr it was trouble free outside of when i ran a stick into the belts that drive the pto pulley that went to the mower deck and i also had to put a seal in the mower gearbox and two rear axle seals that would leak in teh winter when it got cold. It had glow plugs, never once failed to start in the coldest of weather, i used it in the winter to haul fire wood to my house in a dump wagon from my wood pile. It was hydraulic lift on the deck, power steering, 2 speed hydro, foot pedal drive with cruise control, I loved it, if it was FWA i would have never parted with it. I also needed a loader so i went with a little larger CUT now with a MMM.

GT75 Left Side.jpgGT75 Right Side.jpg