Ford 6600 Tractor Can't turn crank or flywheel by hand

/ Ford 6600 Tractor Can't turn crank or flywheel by hand #1  

derrick1115

Tractor
MF 135
I had to jump my ford 6600 off because the battery was dead, it cranked and i run it about 5 minutes then i had to cut it off and do something. When I came back to jump the tractor off again i couldnt jump it off with battery cables hooked to another vehicle and it wouldnt crank after connecting the battery to charger for awhile. So i thought it was the starter was bad, so i put a new starter on it and now ive put a new battery on and when you try to start the tractor it sounds like its in a bind trying to start it and the starter gets hot. I dont understand why the flywheel wont turn now because it cranked and ran a few minutes before i cut it off. any ideas what i cant do or what may have happended

/ Ford 6600 Tractor Can't turn crank or flywheel by hand #2  
I had to jump my ford 6600 off because the battery was dead, it cranked and i run it about 5 minutes then i had to cut it off and do something. When I came back to jump the tractor off again i couldnt jump it off with battery cables hooked to another vehicle and it wouldnt crank after connecting the battery to charger for awhile. So i thought it was the starter was bad, so i put a new starter on it and now ive put a new battery on and when you try to start the tractor it sounds like its in a bind trying to start it and the starter gets hot. I dont understand why the flywheel wont turn now because it cranked and ran a few minutes before i cut it off. any ideas what i cant do or what may have happended
Your discription of what did and is happening isn't exactly slow nor is it exactly fast,more so along the lines of half fast. For starters you should say whether it's diesel or gas because that's important to know. First it sounded like you say engine can't be turned with hand crank nor by hand at flywheel then it sounds like the starter will turn it with difficulty. It requires a pretty large feller to move a 60 horse diesel engine by hand so that doesn't surprise me,I wouldn't be able to either. Start from the beginning and think about what you say and what it means and we can probably figure it out.

/ Ford 6600 Tractor Can't turn crank or flywheel by hand #3  
If I understand what you are saying, the engine binds when you try to crank and you can't turn the engine by hand forward or backward? Almost sounds like a hydraulic lock, meaning, there is excess fuel or oil or coolant on the piston preventing the piston from reaching the top of the stroke. It would be strange for this to happen that quick.
Another thing we need to know, did you try to start it with starting fluid???

/ Ford 6600 Tractor Can't turn crank or flywheel by hand #4  
I would ONLY turn it over by hand. If it has fluid in a cylinder, you will bend a rod. May be just an injector not spraying. But, if you bend a rod, head has to come off and oil pan has to come off. Lots of work. Try to avoid that.