Ford 1620 HST pedal sticking under load/faster in reverse

/ Ford 1620 HST pedal sticking under load/faster in reverse #1  

oldestgoat

Bronze Member
Tractor
new holland tc33da/ LS xr4150, Ford 1620
Kind of a boggling situation. I've done the internet research and fiddled with this thing a bit. It's a new to me tractor with 1250hrs. HST seems to be strong and responsive. I've pulled the covers and inspected the linkages, lubed them all except the one disappearing into the case. Pedal returns fine when tractor is off. I've removed the damper and actuated it by hand. Works smoothly. Similar to that off my other tractor. Finally I replaced the spring in the neutral mechanism with one that has about twice the rate (24lbs). That mostly fixed the issue. As far as the faster in reverse, I've wound back the forward stop screw a bit, It no longer stops at the foot deck. The reverse has no stop or stop screw. It's noticeably faster in reverse. Not whats advertised for this tractor and not the case for my TC33da. Concerned of an internal issue in the HST transmission. Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 69863098422__CDD84398-0FAD-4235-9A37-B29273B649ED.jpg
    69863098422__CDD84398-0FAD-4235-9A37-B29273B649ED.jpg
    839.1 KB · Views: 56
   / Ford 1620 HST pedal sticking under load/faster in reverse
Additionally here's a link to a video I made on the work so far on the pedal sticking issue.

/ Ford 1620 HST pedal sticking under load/faster in reverse #3  
I have the exact same problem on my New Holland TC30. I have not found the answer yet either.

Right now I'm just setting up a heel-toe plate so I can manually control the pedal position on the 1620. The reverse pedal is too far away for me to position my foot both on the forward and reverse simultaneously. IMO There must be some internal HST issue. Perhaps wear? @skrammer360 How many hours do you have on your machine? Have you done the 300hr Hydraulic service intervals? My TC33da is at a little over 1000hrs and still works perfectly. All services done as recommended. I use Rotella TractorHD for the fluid. Don't have a new holland dealer close by for the Ambra134.

/ Ford 1620 HST pedal sticking under load/faster in reverse #5  
Right now I'm just setting up a heel-toe plate so I can manually control the pedal position on the 1620. The reverse pedal is too far away for me to position my foot both on the forward and reverse simultaneously. IMO There must be some internal HST issue. Perhaps wear? @skrammer360 How many hours do you have on your machine? Have you done the 300hr Hydraulic service intervals? My TC33da is at a little over 1000hrs and still works perfectly. All services done as recommended. I use Rotella TractorHD for the fluid. Don't have a new holland dealer close by for the Ambra134.
My machine has 954 hours on it, but I only bought it last July and there were no records with it at all. I think I'm going to maybe try to adjust the spring tension and see if it helps. I have read all I can find on this issue and it seems like it may be operating "normally" for this system. Some super old posts (2000-2004) show that many new machines had the problem.

The heavier spring didn't help that much. If your pedal functions properly with the engine off, I bet there's something in the HST that makes it sticky under load. Seems to return pretty well on a level or down hill grade.

/ Ford 1620 HST pedal sticking under load/faster in reverse #7  
The heavier spring didn't help that much. If your pedal functions properly with the engine off, I bet there's something in the HST that makes it sticky under load. Seems to return pretty well on a level or down hill grade.
Mine behaves exactly that way. It's fine if it isn't under load.