Ford 1600 High Oil Pressure

/ Ford 1600 High Oil Pressure #1  

Blondie70

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501DT
Howdy. My old 2 cyl 1600 I just bought normally runs around 25 psi oil pressure at 1500 rpm. Something happened and the pressure went to around 55 at 1500 rpm. The pressure is staying up as long as I run the engine...drops some at lower rpm. I had flushed the engine with a couple changes and a little ATF a week ago. New filters both times.
This pressure change came on suddenly and is remaininng.
What the heck is going on inside the engine to cause this ? Thank you.

/ Ford 1600 High Oil Pressure #2  
I'd start the troubleshooting process by disconnecting your existing gauge and connecting another oil pressure gauge to confirm the reading is correct. You might also check your schematic to see how oil pressure is measured. You could have a bad transducer, gauge, or an incorrect instrument supply voltage. There is probably an internal pressure relief valve to consider.

/ Ford 1600 High Oil Pressure
Thanks for the reply, Roadworthy. I have a manual gauge installed. Removed it and verified it was OK. I ran tractor today at length the pressure remained high, but did drop a little when hot. I reckon it is something internal or maybe something got cleaned up and the pressure is normal now ???
Do you have any idea of where the normal oil pressure is on these tractors ?
Thanks, Pete

/ Ford 1600 High Oil Pressure #4  
I would say it got cleaned up and the pressure is normal now. I have tractor that runs at 100 psi when reved up. I wouldn't worry about high oil pressure.

/ Ford 1600 High Oil Pressure
I would say it got cleaned up and the pressure is normal now. I have tractor that runs at 100 psi when reved up. I wouldn't worry about high oil pressure.
Thank You Lens. It is running really good with press at 50 psi. Thanks for your insight.
Pete

/ Ford 1600 High Oil Pressure #6  
Hi,

I'd be concerned that there's a possibility that the change indicates that an oil gallery blocked. That could cause the measured pressure to rise, but elsewhere in the engine the pressure could be low as the oil struggles past the blockage.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

/ Ford 1600 High Oil Pressure #7  
Only when I had a bearing slip.