Ford 1110 Won't start after oil change

/ Ford 1110 Won't start after oil change #1  

Skidpad

Tractor
Ford 1110, Massey Ferguson 30B
Hi guys, new user.

I recently bought some land next to ours and it came with an old Ford 1110 2WD HST. It hadn't run in a couple of years but the previous owner said that it ran great before he parked it but he couldn't find the key.

So, I replaced the ignition switch, installed a new battery, and started checking things with the voltmeter. After a little troubleshooting I got everything set and the engine would crank. I added some fresh diesel (I did not drain the tank unfortunately, there was still some fuel in there and the cap was sealed well enough). After a few trys the engine started with a lot of black smoke. So, I shut if off and proceeded to drain the oil and change the filter. I used Rotella T4 15W-40. Now the engine will turn over but will not catch and after about 10-15 seconds of trying it will blow the dipstick out of the engine. Any help would be appreciated before I break down and take it to the shop to see if I need new rings. Thanks!

/ Ford 1110 Won't start after oil change #2  
sounds like the oil is over filled

/ Ford 1110 Won't start after oil change #3  
Check the oil level and also it sounds like the fuel should be bled. Sometimes air can get in after sitting for awhile.

/ Ford 1110 Won't start after oil change #4  
Check the oil level.. then leave the stick out.
Remove the oil fill cap & crank the engine.. is it puffing smoke out of both holes??
IF SO, might as well stop there.. sounds like rings are stuck just abit.. BUT THEN AGAIN, it did start..
I would change the fuel filters, bleed the air from the system & give it another try..
IF it starts, it might just need some heat to unstick the piston rings.???

/ Ford 1110 Won't start after oil change #5  
G'day check your air intake for obstruction

Jon

/ Ford 1110 Won't start after oil change #6  
Hi guys, new user.

I recently bought some land next to ours and it came with an old Ford 1110 2WD HST. It hadn't run in a couple of years but the previous owner said that it ran great before he parked it but he couldn't find the key.

So, I replaced the ignition switch, installed a new battery, and started checking things with the voltmeter. After a little troubleshooting I got everything set and the engine would crank. I added some fresh diesel (I did not drain the tank unfortunately, there was still some fuel in there and the cap was sealed well enough). After a few trys the engine started with a lot of black smoke. So, I shut if off and proceeded to drain the oil and change the filter. I used Rotella T4 15W-40. Now the engine will turn over but will not catch and after about 10-15 seconds of trying it will blow the dipstick out of the engine. Any help would be appreciated before I break down and take it to the shop to see if I need new rings. Thanks!
I know this is an old post but did you ever find out what the issue was? I just had the exact same happen. My ford 1110 was running (hard to get started but ran good once it was warm). i pulled it into the garage, did an oil change and a hydraulic fluid change. started it up just fine, pulled it out of the garage to let it warm up and then it died for no reason and now i haven't been able to get it to start.