Ford 1000 rear wheel rims needed

/ Ford 1000 rear wheel rims needed #1  

Jallcorn

Tractor
JD300B, Kubota M5950, Ford 1000
I have a Ford 1000 and the rear wheels are leaking a bit (they are filled w/ water and antifreeze). The tires are new. Anyone have a source for obtaining new wheel rims? The tire size is 11.2-24.

/ Ford 1000 rear wheel rims needed #2  
That size rim should be available many places, including tractor parts places or tire places that deal in tractor tires. They are even available on eBay.

/ Ford 1000 rear wheel rims needed
I've looked (Googled & Ebay) but so far no rims w/ that tire size.

/ Ford 1000 rear wheel rims needed #4  
Please define "leaking a bit".

Do you really need new rims? Is the leak coming from the valve stem, if so, replace the valve stem or the schrader valve.

If there is a small hole in the rim, a good welder should be able to do the repair, after the tires are drained and dismounted. While the tires are off it's a good time to repaint the wheels.

As you can imagine, this tractor is vintage maybe early 70's and hasn't been used much in the past 30 years although the engine has been completely refurbished by the previous to me owner. I've owned it for maybe 10 years. (Everything else is pretty much worn out, but it runs and I use it for some things, pulling my welding trailer and a small shredder.)

I had new tires put on a couple years back and the rims were rusted pretty severely. I took the rims back to my shop and cleaned (wire brush on grinder and flap disk sanded) as best I could to be sure they would seal, etc. (I'm not a tire and wheel person but it made sense to clean them.)

Then this winter I noticed a spot of liquid on the floor by one tire. Closer look, slight trickle of water from a spot on the rim. (If memory serves, they are tubeless.) So it's my guess that there is a part where the rim and tire seal are leaking.

Now, I make sure to check the pressure in the tire whenever I use the tractor. Even though pressure may be low, it does not appear to be underinflated. I guess that's because it is liquid filled.

To your comment about painting the rims... I didn't think about that when I had them dismounted. That is a great comment, thanks. If and when I find new rims I'll paint them prior to having the tires remounted.

Last edited:
   / Ford 1000 rear wheel rims needed #6  
The Ford 1000 should use a 10x24, 4 loop rim on the rear like this one on eBay:

/ Ford 1000 rear wheel rims needed #7  
I have several rims that were custom made and hot dipped galvanized. The center is 1/2" thick flat plate, and a 8 lug bolt pattern, but is easily modified.
They are probably too big for 11.2-24 as they came with 14.9-24 tires on them.
Allis Chalmers B, C and CA use that tire size.
David from Jax

Please define "leaking a bit".

Do you really need new rims? Is the leak coming from the valve stem, if so, replace the valve stem or the schrader valve.

If there is a small hole in the rim, a good welder should be able to do the repair, after the tires are drained and dismounted. While the tires are off it's a good time to repaint the wheels.
JJT: The leak is NOT from the valve stem or valve. It seems to be coming from the bead area. If it weren't such a pain to blead the water, etc., I'd attempt to dismount them myself and investigate further. If it were a hole in the rim, and if the metal isn't too corroded, yes a MIG weld would probably do the trick. Alas, it is a big deal for me and in my younger days... Well, you get the idea. This needs to be a 'forever' fix.

The Ford 1000 should use a 10x24, 4 loop rim on the rear like this one on eBay:

I'm not a "tire person" per se, the 11.2-24 had me lost as I couldn't find that size rim anywhere. Yes, thanks, those rims likely will fit.
Thanks.

/ Ford 1000 rear wheel rims needed #10  
As you can imagine, this tractor is vintage maybe early 70's and hasn't been used much in the past 30 years although the engine has been completely refurbished by the previous to me owner. I've owned it for maybe 10 years. (Everything else is pretty much worn out, but it runs and I use it for some things, pulling my welding trailer and a small shredder.)

I had new tires put on a couple years back and the rims were rusted pretty severely. I took the rims back to my shop and cleaned (wire brush on grinder and flap disk sanded) as best I could to be sure they would seal, etc. (I'm not a tire and wheel person but it made sense to clean them.)

Then this winter I noticed a spot of liquid on the floor by one tire. Closer look, slight trickle of water from a spot on the rim. (If memory serves, they are tubeless.) So it's my guess that there is a part where the rim and tire seal are leaking.

Now, I make sure to check the pressure in the tire whenever I use the tractor. Even though pressure may be low, it does not appear to be underinflated. I guess that's because it is liquid filled.

To your comment about painting the rims... I didn't think about that when I had them dismounted. That is a great comment, thanks. If and when I find new rims I'll paint them prior to having the tires remounted.

Just redo it and have also inner tubes installed this time.