Firewood storeage

/ Firewood storeage #1  

turnkey4099

Elite Member
I borrowed a digital camera and shot some pics of my storeage system. Trying this out to see if I can post them.

Attachments

• 855682-MVC-606F.JPG
    855682-MVC-606F.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 534
   / Firewood storeage #2  
Well, the first pic came over OK /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I guess we are waiting for more pics /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

scotty

/ Firewood storeage
Sorry about that. I need to do some organizing then will follow up with some more pics and explanations.

Can someone tell me how to put more than one link per post?

Harry K

/ Firewood storeage
Shot from opposite end than the first picture. The first one showed how the ends of the ricks are held by scrap 2x braced against the cross beam at top that is held by a RR tie on both ends.

This one shows how I had to extend the "bin" due to lack of capacity.

That "bin" is 12' x 12' before the extension by using unsplit and split stacking.

Attachments

• 855782-MVC-613F.JPG
    855782-MVC-613F.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 445
   / Firewood storeage #5  
Wow! It looks like you have a house stored in your firewood. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Firewood storeage
Shot of the bin I have almost emptied to make room for this seasons cutting. The 2x leaning against the right hand frame were holding up the ricks in this "bin". That bin was originally 12x9' but is now 12'x17' after making the additions. It was full last fall. Burnt about 6 cord, sold 2, rest all moved into the bin in the first picture.

You can see my error in the lean of the RR ties. When I set the ties, I -assumed- that they would hold the pressure. One season showed the error. I should have built it so the 2x's would lean in at the top so the pressure would be relieved as the ricks settled. Doesn't show too well but I have been adding things to them to get some lean into the system.

The "bin" to the right is all Locust cut many years ago, actually before I set the RR ties for the current system when I got tired of the nuisance of "chimney stacking" the rick ends.

Attachments

• 855791-MVC-609F.JPG
    855791-MVC-609F.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 400
   / Firewood storeage
Shot of the third bin, all locust except for the unsplit stuff used to extend the bin. I put that there on my last load on spec as it looked like I was going to get some more locust - didn't happen.

Attachments

• 855794-MVC-611F.JPG
    855794-MVC-611F.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 305
   / Firewood storeage
Shot of my logsplitter. This is about mod 6 of a series we built in the shop I used to work in. I moved the axle/motor/pump/tank to the rear end on mine to get them out of the way of the operator's positon. Makes it very tongue heavy but I can move it fairly easily by using a trailer dolly (Harbor freight).

Harry K

Attachments

• 855799-MVC-607F.JPG
    855799-MVC-607F.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 309
   / Firewood storeage #9  
Good shots Turnkey,
They all came over fine! Hope your burnin all that bark layin around /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I know I do /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

scotty

/ Firewood storeage
Well, yes and no. I finished moving the wood out of there Monday then loaded all the chips, bark and some tree prunings on the PU. Went off to the wood patch Tuesday and worked cleaning up the remains of the winter burn piles and dumped the bark etc. Had 5 piles to do, got 4 finished moving the half burned stuff onto new piles and flush cutting stumps. Saved the 5th and worst pile for the next trip - that one has 5 or 6 burned stumps in it (it was a HUGE burn pile). Fun crawling around in wet ashes on ones knees flush cutting stumps.

Harry K