Farmer Says Dealer Wouldn’t Repair His Tractor Until He Filed FTC Complaint

/ Farmer Says Dealer Wouldn’t Repair His Tractor Until He Filed FTC Complaint #1  

Danica

Silver Member
Tractor
CNH TC40DA & Ford 1920
Anyone have any comments on this story on Vice news today? Not just JD but NH and others too. Presume it is only the big units (I.e, not cat 1 machines). The power this dealer has over the Missouri farmer is disgusting! Why not make the repair tools available to the owners? Are these the new Apples of the ag world? Maybe it has always been like this — at least since the advent of sophisticated microprocessors and software that likely are at the heart of it. I feel fortunate to be able to do any repairs on my little 40hp NH now!

/ Farmer Says Dealer Wouldn’t Repair His Tractor Until He Filed FTC Complaint #2  
On another tractor forum there are several voicing these same problems not getting their machines fixed unless they elevate it to a legal ordeal. Those machines are 35Hp on up. Sad times we live in now for farmers.

The most recent one was a Massey. Since day 1 it never was able to run the engine over 1500 rpms due to a quirky emission problem that nobody can solve.