Oil & Fuel Farmall H fuel valve.

/ Farmall H fuel valve. #1  

Technocrat

Tractor
Farmall H, Ford 9N
I just acquired my dad's old H. I have not been around the tractor for a number of years. The last several years it has been sitting & rusting.

All that aside, I went out to drain several gallons of old fuel (Smells like pure varnish). The valve on the glass fuel filter will only turn about 1/4 turn in either direction. :confused:

Is there a good way to unstick this without unscrewing it from the bottom of the tank? I want to control where that old varnish goes.

Thanks in advance,
Techno

/ Farmall H fuel valve. #2  
You could try to spray penetrating oil and work it back and forth. Did you try to loosen the packing nut a bit. If that is too tight it will bind.

/ Farmall H fuel valve.
You could try to spray penetrating oil and work it back and forth. Did you try to loosen the packing nut a bit. If that is too tight it will bind.

Thanks Clint, I did. I ended up taking the gland nut clear out, & it is so corroded that the needle will not pull out. I have it soaking in penetrating oil now, will try again tomorrow.

Thanks again. There is no need to have it done quickly, I just want to get all the prep work done to start it & hear it run. Kid with a new toy & all that. :eek:
I have to wait for the new oil filter to get here anyway.