Evolution Metal cutting saw blade replacement.

/ Evolution Metal cutting saw blade replacement. #11  
Actually Diablo is NOT Freud's cheaper brand; Avanti is - I've had nothing but good results from ANY Diablo product, HD was out of the Diablo version of a 7" metal cutting blade a few years back, so bought the Avanti - 3 or 4 cuts and the blade was TOAST. "Fool me once"... Steve

I have the Evo 380 saw as well, still on the original blade - their claim of how many cuts on square tube is based on using the (included) V block and fairly firm pressure; I had to do a couple mods to my saw's vise so that 90* cuts actually WERE 90's (in BOTH axis) when using the V block.

If cutting other angles, you can't use the V block tho - best you can do in that case is keep the vise tight and cutting pressure "firm"...

Last edited:
   / Evolution Metal cutting saw blade replacement. #12  
The blade on my Evolution 380 has a number of chipped carbide teeth and several that are missing. So it looks like it's time to replace it.
Give the people at Ridge Carbide a call and ask about the cost to regrind and replace missing teeth. They do all my regrind and sharpening work fo my machine shop and my woodshop. I've bought their saw blades and they are great.

/ Evolution Metal cutting saw blade replacement. #14  
The 90 tooth diabolo has performed and lasted well.

The original fein blade gave long life and dulled slightly after cutting some SS tubing. No damage and resharpenable.

/ Evolution Metal cutting saw blade replacement. #15  
Project Farmer, Love that guy's testing!! He makes great videos with unbiased testing. Diablo makes a lot of great cutting blades, cost more than some but typically out performs most.