Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast
#1,311  
Was the Everlast Power mts 221sti discontinued? What replaced it?

I'm going down the emotional rabbit hole of saying spend more and get AC/DC tig to keep that aluminum option open. Have square wave capability, have up and down slope control, have mig pre/post flow options... but once and cry once.
Yes several years ago. The Lightning 275 and 225 have replaced it long ago.

#1,313  
Once you add a cooler, the price goes way up.
On ours? No. 449 to 589.00 very reasonable. Stainless pump and sealed industrial motor with copper core heat exchanger.

#1,314  
By the way, I picked up my buddy who had never owned a welder before to take with me and he bought the new sealed in the box Weldpro for the $900.

I walked on it. I'm leaning far more at Everlast. That TIG made me get the heebeejeebees. I got real scared and emotionally locked down and rejected that thing.

I can't find any real videos or reviews of end users loving and bragging on their WeldPro while Everlast..... you can die of old age while going through YouTube, forums and social media reading about the bad (seems early years up to around 2015) and the good (for sure the 2017+ era). In the last 6 years, many many people have fallen in love with the value of the Everlast and it looks like the legacy slang term of "Neverlast" is fading into obscurity.

Based on all of my hours of reading, watching and studying.... I keep coming back to Everlast as the best value. Value meaning performance, cost, reliability, warranty, reputation, and emotional allure all added together and then averaged out.

No one else averages out for me equal to or better than Everlast.

Oh... and Yeswelder is a 1 year warranty and I've watched tear downs who show that yes welder is flat out lying on many fronts. I have less than zero interest in that.
Weldpro is the same company that does Eastwood, PrimeWeld and a couple of others. I think they are trying to masquerade as a US company but is controlled and owned out of China fully iirc.

#1,315  
@Mark @ Everlast
When would you guys that the Typhoon series will actually start shipping, I'm going down the rabbit hole and considering jumping way into the deep end and get the Typhoon 230 at $2500. That should be all I need for the next 30 years of life... should I survive that long.
Definite date isn't set. Our hopes were February, but due to the Covid rise over in China, and the new year holiday which unavoidably split and delayed an important testing of a certain feature I'm leaning toward the more comfortable April time frame myself. We've slowed down our approval process because we want everything to be 100% where WE want it to be. The past 6 months of prototype testing is proving that the performance is way beyond acceptable right now and beyond any other US based brand right now, but we are wanting things to be better than any previous product release because it will literally be a "M***** Killer". I don't think they'll know what hit them when this thing drops. We are still tweeking things, even last night before our final round programming upgrade to the test builds. Then we'll need a few weeks of hammering the pre-production builds to ensure everything is where we want and need it. Then we'll probably fly back into the factory for the final production phase.

#1,317  
When I click this link, it doesn't work.

Power I-MIG 160 ( 160 amp with spool gun port and arc force control, 160 amp
stick feature)

Well, that's a very old post. This unit hasn't been around since 2012. Closest one is the Cyclone 200ES now.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #1,319  
As someone looking to learn to Stick weld, can you school me in the differences between your <$500 models: the 161STH, 210STL, 200STi and 140Sti? Assuming the numbers are the output current, what do the letters indicate?

And how do your models compare to what I can buy at my local store, the Hobart Stickmate 160i?
Thanks!

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #1,320  
mark, is it possible to get a longer ground cable with a Cyclone 200ES?