Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #1,301  
Mark, Are there any sales or specials coming? I just this morning passed your info to Joe Diciccio from Pa to talk about buying his first welder. Wondering if there are any deals coming and maybe I would want to replace my 20 year old Thermal Arc Fabricator 210 MIG.....

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast
#1,302  
Well, you guys missed the biggest sale we've had in years. But still many products are on a rotating weekly sale.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #1,303  
Well, you guys missed the biggest sale we've had in years. But still many products are on a rotating weekly sale.
I ran to my local weld shop this morning, West Penn Laco in Moon Twp. And they had Miller and Weldpro. The fellow there suggested a Weldpro 210LCD for around $900. It is DC only TIG but comes with the TIG and MIG gun and the stinger clamp. Dual gas inputs, no HF TIG and no square wave. Also no mig pre/post flow controls.

Where would I look at Everlast to be comparable or slightly better. Aluminum TIG is something I think would be a great capability, but it's not a deal breaker. But it sure would be nice to know that I could....

#1,304  
I ran to my local weld shop this morning, West Penn Laco in Moon Twp. And they had Miller and Weldpro. The fellow there suggested a Weldpro 210LCD for around $900. It is DC only TIG but comes with the TIG and MIG gun and the stinger clamp. Dual gas inputs, no HF TIG and no square wave. Also no mig pre/post flow controls.

Where would I look at Everlast to be comparable or slightly better. Aluminum TIG is something I think would be a great capability, but it's not a deal breaker. But it sure would be nice to know that I could....
You'd be looking at the PowerMTS 211si. That (our) unit has foot pedal capability (foot pedal included) as well as High Frequency DC start (TIG kit included as well). Plus it has built in gas solenoid for TIG. Currently, no it does not have the LCD. Nor is it scheduled for anything upgrade immediately. But it is solid and well built. For what it includes and the features it offers, it is heads and shoulder above the Weld pro, which is the same company that builds for Eastwood, primeweld, and a few others. Right now, it is 1049.00 on sale.

#1,305  
Here is a picture of the unit and what is included.

Attachments

• powermts 211 si panel.png
    powermts 211 si panel.png
    633.1 KB · Views: 72
  • powermts 211 si package.png
    powermts 211 si package.png
    576.8 KB · Views: 68
   / Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #1,306  
Here is a picture of the unit and what is included.
Was the Everlast Power mts 221sti discontinued? What replaced it?

I'm going down the emotional rabbit hole of saying spend more and get AC/DC tig to keep that aluminum option open. Have square wave capability, have up and down slope control, have mig pre/post flow options... but once and cry once.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #1,308  
What's the warranty on the Weldpro?
We went yesterday up to to West Penn Laco welding supply and test drove that Weldpro. It comes with a 3 year warranty, shipping covered both ways. It ran MIG just fine using the synergistic settings. I ran some 6010 stick on thin plate no issue.

I tried to TIG 1/16" aluminum and absolutely could not get a puddle. It's a HF start,and has ramp in and ramp out. So I would stab the foot control and get my arc and it would look like a nice narrow arc with smooth control. I would immediately back off the foot and go to establish a puddle and instead watch the aluminum start to form a chunky porous surface, never showing a sign of wetness, no orange, no puddle. If I leaned into the foot pedal to try and establish any form of puddle it would hold tight until it burned through. Almost like the AC..... wasn't? But we were in AC TIG mode with 100% argon on a new demo machine that had done aluminum last week for a guy. I tried multiple times, tried scrubbing more with the SS brush, and I gave up.

I've TIG welded steel before and it's not that difficult. Is aluminum this ridiculous or do you agree that something wasn't right here?

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #1,309  
By the way, I picked up my buddy who had never owned a welder before to take with me and he bought the new sealed in the box Weldpro for the $900.

I walked on it. I'm leaning far more at Everlast. That TIG made me get the heebeejeebees. I got real scared and emotionally locked down and rejected that thing.

I can't find any real videos or reviews of end users loving and bragging on their WeldPro while Everlast..... you can die of old age while going through YouTube, forums and social media reading about the bad (seems early years up to around 2015) and the good (for sure the 2017+ era). In the last 6 years, many many people have fallen in love with the value of the Everlast and it looks like the legacy slang term of "Neverlast" is fading into obscurity.

Based on all of my hours of reading, watching and studying.... I keep coming back to Everlast as the best value. Value meaning performance, cost, reliability, warranty, reputation, and emotional allure all added together and then averaged out.

No one else averages out for me equal to or better than Everlast.

Oh... and Yeswelder is a 1 year warranty and I've watched tear downs who show that yes welder is flat out lying on many fronts. I have less than zero interest in that.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #1,310  
@Mark @ Everlast
When would you guys that the Typhoon series will actually start shipping, I'm going down the rabbit hole and considering jumping way into the deep end and get the Typhoon 230 at $2500. That should be all I need for the next 30 years of life... should I survive that long.