Equivalent Fuel Injector for Ford 1910 3 Cyl Diesel Tractor?

/ Equivalent Fuel Injector for Ford 1910 3 Cyl Diesel Tractor? #1  

fourbrads

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 1910
Greetings,

Been fixing up the old tractor fuel system. Right now, I'm trying to locate an equivalent fuel injector (or rebuild kit) for my 1984 Ford (Shibaura) 1910 tractor. The part numbers are:

SBA131406230 (Single)
SBA131406220 (double)

I've been scouring the online shops and finding nothing that matches. Willing to look at equivalents, so long as the specs are the same. But I can't seem to find anything specified for this tractor.

Any help is appreciated.

Jim

/ Equivalent Fuel Injector for Ford 1910 3 Cyl Diesel Tractor? #2  
Find a shop that can rebuild injectors and see if they can rebuild them.
Good luck!

/ Equivalent Fuel Injector for Ford 1910 3 Cyl Diesel Tractor? #4  
What r u talking about.??
Google, ford 1910 injectors and they pop right up..
Although I can rebuild them cheaper..

/ Equivalent Fuel Injector for Ford 1910 3 Cyl Diesel Tractor? #5  
Ebay. ~ $150 apiece.

/ Equivalent Fuel Injector for Ford 1910 3 Cyl Diesel Tractor?
What r u talking about.??
Google, ford 1910 injectors and they pop right up..
Although I can rebuild them cheaper..
I have looked at both of those sources and found only ones specified for the 20-series and other newer tractors. I searched by both the correct SBA numbers and the "Ford 1910" keywords. There were zero relevant hits for either, but tons for the other 10-series and 20-series tractors. If by "pop right up" you mean ones that (as you read the actual description/fitments) trip the keywords, then yes, I get lots of responses for that. None, however, fit the 1910 if you read the details.

I appreciate the response, but would you mind linking to the correct items if you are sure they fit the 1910? If you know that there is an equivalent part that has the same specs and can be substituted, I'd love to hear about it (hence the reason for the original thread). I lack the knowledge to crosswalk parts specified by one model but may work for another. I was hoping that ones I see out there for the 10-series would fit.

Alternatively, drop me a PM and let me know what you charge to rebuild them? I'd prefer to go that route if possible, depending on lead time.

Thanks!

/ Equivalent Fuel Injector for Ford 1910 3 Cyl Diesel Tractor? #7  
I have looked at both of those sources and found only ones specified for the 20-series and other newer tractors. I searched by both the correct SBA numbers and the "Ford 1910" keywords. There were zero relevant hits for either, but tons for the other 10-series and 20-series tractors. If by "pop right up" you mean ones that (as you read the actual description/fitments) trip the keywords, then yes, I get lots of responses for that. None, however, fit the 1910 if you read the details.

I appreciate the response, but would you mind linking to the correct items if you are sure they fit the 1910? If you know that there is an equivalent part that has the same specs and can be substituted, I'd love to hear about it (hence the reason for the original thread). I lack the knowledge to crosswalk parts specified by one model but may work for another. I was hoping that ones I see out there for the 10-series would fit.

Alternatively, drop me a PM and let me know what you charge to rebuild them? I'd prefer to go that route if possible, depending on lead time.

Thanks!
Do they need work? We have an older 1900 that plowed a 40 for years truck patching. Never any problems. Bought it new when Jimmy Carter was in the white house. I can start that baby up right now.

Attachments

• IMG_20220904_175913.jpg
    IMG_20220904_175913.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 51
Do they need work? We have an older 1900 that plowed a 40 for years truck patching. Never any problems. Bought it new when Jimmy Carter was in the white house. I can start that baby up right now.
Maybe...

I've only had the tractor for a couple of years, but it's been hard starting since I got it. Like nearly running the battery down each time I try. I changed out the glow plugs a few weeks ago and that made little difference (though they were very sooty and looked to be in need of changing).

I have about 1485 hours showing on the clock.

/ Equivalent Fuel Injector for Ford 1910 3 Cyl Diesel Tractor? #9  
Maybe...

I've only had the tractor for a couple of years, but it's been hard starting since I got it. Like nearly running the battery down each time I try. I changed out the glow plugs a few weeks ago and that made little difference (though they were very sooty and looked to be in need of changing).

I have about 1485 hours showing on the clock.
Well to tell you the truth, the one pictured has been hard starting since 1980. You have to even use the glow plugs on a sunny day in July, if you killed it an hour before. I'd advise you to save time and expense. Put some injection cleaner in the tank. Where it says this bottle treats 20;gallons, use the whole bottle in five gallon. Add a quart of Type F transmission fluid too. F fluid is just straight fluid, no friction modifiers. We have many tractors. Garden, cattle, cut hay all summer, cut logs, haul dirt, many things. All are kept up and parked under roof. I'm 53 and we have never put a clutch in any tractor around here. They get some hard use sometimes.

Well to tell you the truth, the one pictured has been hard starting since 1980. You have to even use the glow plugs on a sunny day in July, if you killed it an hour before. I'd advise you to save time and expense. Put some injection cleaner in the tank. Where it says this bottle treats 20;gallons, use the whole bottle in five gallon. Add a quart of Type F transmission fluid too. F fluid is just straight fluid, no friction modifiers. We have many tractors. Garden, cattle, cut hay all summer, cut logs, haul dirt, many things. All are kept up and parked under roof. I'm 53 and we have never put a clutch in any tractor around here. They get some hard use sometimes.
That's great advice! Thanks. When I see these older Shibaura tractors being started in videos, they seem to catch right away, but mine takes two sessions of 20-second heating and still has to crank for about 30 seconds or more (twice). Was worried about the starter.

Do you have a favorite injector cleaner for your tractor? And, my tractor gets babied, though I work it hard when it does see use. Stays parked in the shop (heated) all year.

Thanks again.