Engine glo plug or pre-heater on a 2004 Yanmar VIO 27-2…does it have one?

/ Engine glo plug or pre-heater on a 2004 Yanmar VIO 27-2…does it have one? #1  

Les Staley

Tractor
JD 310A
Have had this machine for three years and it has started almost instantly in all that time. But when it gets down around 10 Farenhite it balks a bit. Any ideas? Thanks

/ Engine glo plug or pre-heater on a 2004 Yanmar VIO 27-2…does it have one? #2  
Have had this machine for three years and it has started almost instantly in all that time. But when it gets down around 10 Farenhite it balks a bit. Any ideas? Thanks
It really depends on the engine model with the last letters. Mine is a 3T80 engine, but the last letter is a -U with the port casted close. The 3T80-J does have the block heater port tapped right in with a plug.

Grabbing the Parts Manual from the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group, you can see the attached to determine if it's there.
We also have the service manual for the engine too. We cover many things Yanmar over there. ;)

Attachments

• YANMAR VIO27-5B PARTS MANUAL 0CS10-M52701EN.pdf
    7.5 MB · Views: 64
  • YANMAR VIO27 VIO35 SN 53001 AND ABOVE EXCAVATOR OPERATORS MANUAL.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 48
   / Engine glo plug or pre-heater on a 2004 Yanmar VIO 27-2…does it have one? #3  
I have a 1997 Yanmar 27-2B mini ex, which I believe has the same engine as yours has. My Yanmar service manual says it has an engine air heater mounted on the intake manifold which warms the air in the manifold before sending it to the combustion chamber. It is operated by holding the key in the counter-clockwise position for 10-15 seconds, then turning it to the start position. Here on the coast we normally don't have extremely cold weather, so I don't normally use this aid at all. If it's that cold, I just go back in the house and have another cup of coffee and wait for a warmer day. Yeah, at 75 years old, I'm a wimp. The manual says the heater is 400 watts. Hope this helps..........Dan.

/ Engine glo plug or pre-heater on a 2004 Yanmar VIO 27-2…does it have one?
Thanks, guys, for the answers. Dan, I’m also 75 years young. I tried the key CC and I can hear a faint clicking noise coming from somewhere down below. Must be that heater coming on. Just tried it for a few seconds as I’m not able to run the machine till I refill the cooling system/
get the ordered in-line engine heater. Bought one for an inch and a quarter hose size…too big! Took the removed segment of hose to NAPA store to get the right size heater.. no got. So ordered online. Thanks again.

Last edited: