Ecoboost 4 cyl coming to Mustang

/ Ecoboost 4 cyl coming to Mustang #2  
Reminds me of the old svo mustangs and turbo t-birds. For their time, those cars were reasonably quick. I like this idea. I was a huge Grand National fan, take the logos off and you had a good sleeper.

/ Ecoboost 4 cyl coming to Mustang
Reminds me of the old svo mustangs and turbo t-birds. For their time, those cars were reasonably quick. I like this idea. I was a huge Grand National fan, take the logos off and you had a good sleeper.

Those were all good cars in their day. They aren't to bad for today.

/ Ecoboost 4 cyl coming to Mustang #4  
Ford is risking destroying the "ecoboost" name. While the F150 has shown that a V6 in a truck has potential their smaller 4 cylinder EB engines are not getting the same economical results. People don't buy Mustangs for economy so they should find a different name, something performance themed.

/ Ecoboost 4 cyl coming to Mustang #5  
Ford is risking destroying the "ecoboost" name. While the F150 has shown that a V6 in a truck has potential their smaller 4 cylinder EB engines are not getting the same economical results. People don't buy Mustangs for economy so they should find a different name, something performance themed.

We are in NC with my wife's brand new '13 AWD Escape with the 2.0L Ecoboost 4 cyl. 27MPG and 240 HP. Lots more nut then the '06 2.3V6 it replaced and at least 5 MPG more at only 2000 total miles. There is no 'ecoboost' name to destroy; the rest of the world calls it turbocharging. We are thrilled, and it will make a great option for Mustang buyers.

/ Ecoboost 4 cyl coming to Mustang
Why not the 3.5 liter?

I don't know but in a car trim the 3.5 could be close to 400hp. This 4 cyl will power plant will be used world wide.

/ Ecoboost 4 cyl coming to Mustang #8  
We are in NC with my wife's brand new '13 AWD Escape with the 2.0L Ecoboost 4 cyl. 27MPG and 240 HP. Lots more nut then the '06 2.3V6 it replaced and at least 5 MPG more at only 2000 total miles. There is no 'ecoboost' name to destroy; the rest of the world calls it turbocharging. We are thrilled, and it will make a great option for Mustang buyers.

Interesting. I rented an Escape (the new '13) a couple weeks back for a 400 mi drive for work. I got about 22-23 mpg, all freeway. The dash readout matched up quite close with my manual mileage calcs. It was an ecoboost 4wd, but I couldn't tell if it was the 1.6 or the 2.0. This was easy freeway time, all pretty much about 70 mph constant with cruise. I really loved the car, but was a bit disappointed at the mileage. I was thinking it would be upper 20's for sure. I loved the 4wd system as I had to fight through nasty snow on the trip out and it performed flawlessly (the mileage figures are only from the return trip which was clear sailing). And yes, it has great power when you want or need it.

/ Ecoboost 4 cyl coming to Mustang #9  
My '79 'Stang, with the 5.0L got 31 mpg, and was a HOT car too. Lots of power! Of course, I had 4 in the floor, and 4th was OD. Could get to 80 before going into OD if really hotrodding off of a red light! It wasn't as good on corners though.

/ Ecoboost 4 cyl coming to Mustang #10  
Interesting. I rented an Escape (the new '13) a couple weeks back for a 400 mi drive for work. I got about 22-23 mpg, all freeway. The dash readout matched up quite close with my manual mileage calcs. It was an ecoboost 4wd, but I couldn't tell if it was the 1.6 or the 2.0. This was easy freeway time, all pretty much about 70 mph constant with cruise. I really loved the car, but was a bit disappointed at the mileage. I was thinking it would be upper 20's for sure. I loved the 4wd system as I had to fight through nasty snow on the trip out and it performed flawlessly (the mileage figures are only from the return trip which was clear sailing). And yes, it has great power when you want or need it.

I didn't want to start a war but all over the internet are reviews of the Escape saying the exact same thing. In fact most of the small Ford ecoboost engines are reportedly falling short of their EPA mileage numbers.