Dynahoe information search

/ Dynahoe information search #1  

Dean71

Tractor
lots of them
Hi I'm rebuilding a Dynahoe backhoe and looking for any info about the rig. Its a big, big, big backhoe. I will be painting the machine and would love to find a picture to see what color and stickers go on the machine. I will post more later. Thanks for any info, Dean

/ Dynahoe information search #2  
Try a google search for Bucyrus-Erie.......they're the ones who built the dynasaur.....oops dynahoe.........Tom

/ Dynahoe information search #3  
sorry no good pics.
i had one given too me
i had a hard time giving it away a year later.

at 37,000 lbs it's big and heavy

Attachments

• 621283-dynahoe.jpg
    621283-dynahoe.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 2,566
   / Dynahoe information search #4  
Dynahoe

Here's one I found on machinery trader. There's a good pic in Earthmover encyclopedia but it's black n' white.

/ Dynahoe information search
Thanks for the info anything and everything will help. The photos you guys have are very simular but they look different in the cab area. Here is a little more for you guys to think about. I found a tag! Hurray. It says the manufacturer is Kohering? Model is 490k? I have a couple of pictures to share as soon as I can figure out how to place them in here. cya, Dean

Attachments

• 621846-Picture 001.jpg
    621846-Picture 001.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 2,968
This I a good picture to show the size. The Equipment next to the Dynahoe is a 966 international, Case 580 (early model) and a 1986 f-350 crew cab. Really I'm not kidding around.

Attachments

• 621851-2.jpg
    621851-2.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 3,392
   / Dynahoe information search #7  
WOW! Thats as big as those new giant cat back hoes!

/ Dynahoe information search #8  
Ah! that's a "late model." After Northwest bought em... Had a John Deere engine if I remember correctly.

If it's nearly the same size as the 200, it's slightly bigger than the Cat 446 or the Deere 710. The 200 in full battle dress weighed 38,000 lbs. or thereabouts. 160hp. I want one! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Your right Scott its got a John Deere engine. The weight of the 490k is 28000 lbs. I tried out a 200-4 They look the same but they are larger than the 490k. The digging depth is roughly 2 feet more also.

/ Dynahoe information search #10  
If anyone has one for sale or knows where there is one please let me know I could use one.