Double A pressure relief valve - BT-06-15A1

/ Double A pressure relief valve - BT-06-15A1 #1  

Quantumkev

Tractor
Ford 4500 Industrial Loader/Backhoe
I am trying to find some info/cut sheet/maintenance data on a Double A pressure relief valve. You would think with the power of the internet, and manufacturer and part number this would be a pretty easy ask… but alas I have searched and can find no data….

I am trying to

1- confirm that it works
2- confirm it is set properly
3- repair/maintain/rebuild if necessary.

Anyone have any idea where I can get literature…?

Just for context hydraulic pressure come out of the pump directly to this valve, then from this valve to the backhoe, and then from the backhoe to the front end loader, and from there (I assume) back to tank….

Any help greatly appreciated, let me know if I can provide more info.

Attachments

• 090576FE-A4BB-436E-A61F-A8C04688BDDC.jpeg
    090576FE-A4BB-436E-A61F-A8C04688BDDC.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 53
  • EAFC88C7-555B-4474-AB55-EE8E5BCCA61B.jpeg
    EAFC88C7-555B-4474-AB55-EE8E5BCCA61B.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
   / Double A pressure relief valve - BT-06-15A1 #2  
You likely will not find any documentation on line for this valve. However, using a pressure gauge you can determine if it is working. You can also find out if it is set properly for your machine. You will need to get the pressure setting information for your model of machine.

If you want more information about this particular valve the only hope would be to see what Double A Hydraulics knows about it. They are not the same manufacturer of this valve but the company was started by engineers from Double A Products.

/ Double A pressure relief valve - BT-06-15A1 #3  
Double A was purchased by Vickers back in the 80’s or early 90’s. Eaton purchased Vickers in 2000. Danfoss purchased Eaton last year so there will be very little info online for that old valve.

/ Double A pressure relief valve - BT-06-15A1 #4  
I just looked through my old Vickers catalogs and there model codes are similar but different. As an example CT-06-F -** is relief valve 3/4" NPT that adjusts from 1500 to 3000 PSI. Probably similar to that double A.

For testing looks like there is a 1/4" NPT plug in the center of that casting that could be used as a pressure port for installing a gauge. Adjustment on upper left should be standard screw in to increase pressure and out to reduce pressure.

/ Double A pressure relief valve - BT-06-15A1
Awesome!!! I was wanting to add a gauge to my system (don’t understand why they aren’t on there as standard) and was trying to figure out where to put it, and this is the perfect spot for it. Thanks for all your help with this!!!

Last edited: