Do These Actually Work...

/ Do These Actually Work... #1  

WranglerX

Elite Member
Tractor
MF GC1715
Seems that there is a flood of these sharpening tools for sale on i-net last few days, do they actually work..... Concept looks good, just can not believe its a quality produce for the $29 to $49 price sellers are asking, down from $79......

Other question is has many "sellers" seized on these as a "scam" to get you to order and they never deliver?....

And no I'm not really going o buy...

CS sharp-2.jpg

/ Do These Actually Work... #2  
A lot of members here use similar devices. Everyone has their favorite. I sharpen with a file held in a guide if in a pinch. My Stihl dealer will sharpen a chain for $5 including adjusting the depth guides if needed. I use him exclusively. I own half a dozen chains for each saw. Always have a supply of sharp chains available.

/ Do These Actually Work... #3  
I have never seen a chain similar to this picture.

All of the "cutters" are going in one direction. 🧐

All of the chains I own, a left cutter is followed by a right cutter and so on.

Also "Zedisaw" spelled backwards is "wasidez" which seems like a misspelling of "wayside" which is what would happen if one were to use this chain.🤔

Seems like my fingers would get fatigued with that handle as well.🤏

I think I'll pass.

/ Do These Actually Work... #4  
I tried a few electric powered chainsaw sharpeners that sort of worked, but took more time to set up then I wanted. I read the reviews on Amazon, and found the negative reviews to be more honest then the positive ones. I don't know anything about this sharpener, but it looks too junky to risk buying.

For me, I run a Stihl hand file sharpener through my chain before using it for the day. I get good chips out of the chain, and it remains sharp for the day. I do this until my chain stretches to the point that I can't get it tight anymore, then I through the chain away and put in an new chain.

Using the file takes 20 minutes, it's kind of a pain, but it's very effective.

/ Do These Actually Work...
I have never seen a chain similar to this picture.

All of the "cutters" are going in one direction. 🧐

All of the chains I own, a left cutter is followed by a right cutter and so on.

Also "Zedisaw" spelled backwards is "wasidez" which seems like a misspelling of "wayside" which is what would happen if one were to use this chain.🤔

Seems like my fingers would get fatigued with that handle as well.🤏

I think I'll pass.

Think "chain" is a generated graphic inserted into sharpening jig.... Better chain in pic below??...

CS Sharpener.jpg

/ Do These Actually Work... #8  
If you have a dremel tool you can just buy the replacement bits for this. Less than $15 amazon and eyeball the angle like you have been doing for decades (y)

/ Do These Actually Work... #9  
I've used the Timberline, it does work, although I don't own one.

To answer the OP, it does look like a knockoff of the Timberline.

SR

/ Do These Actually Work... #10  
OK, I'll admit to purchasing one of these... I'm a sucker for a 'gadget' and the price was cheap. Yes, there were several different 'sellers' on Facebook spruiking the same product.

It arrived in a reasonable time. I haven't tried it out yet.

But I HAVE IT!!! 😄 [Note: See above reference to "sucker for a 'gadget'"]