Disc

/ Disc #1  

looch

Veteran Member
Tractor
B2601
I really like the looks of <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.landpride.com/lp/products/dh15_specs.html>this style</A> of disc, but I found the price to be a little prohibitive. To me, the frame does not look terribly difficult to construct. Does anyone know if you can by just the discs already ganged on a shaft?(I know you can buy them individually).

/ Disc #2  
Paul, see if you can find a farm equipment salvage yard in your area. One walk around and you'll have all sort of ideas for new stuff. You could probably get disc gangs from a larger implement and cut them down to suit your needs. Prices are generally pretty reasonable on the used stuff /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Disc #3  
That style of disc is pretty common. I have one from the 60's built by fort... almost identical.... but a bit rustier...

Tractor supply sells an equivalent. There are two major types of gang/axle setups. one that uses sealed bearings, and another that uses a grooved cradle, with grease fittings.

All the parts can be bought sepperatly.. the square axle, side axle plates, discs, disc spacers, cradles for the 'bearing spacers.
Possible the hangers that hold the cradles may have to be fabricated... but it is just an L shaped bracket more or less.

Chris