didn't know where to post this one....amazing

/ didn't know where to post this one....amazing #11  
On close examination, it does seem feasable.
The tracks are jammed under a wedge so the excavator is 'wedged in' when the boom is relocated to next stage.
By the same token the boom reaches to next stage that 'flat plate' affair that replaces the bucket is also wedged in place as is the angled flat surface on top of the tower.
That flat tower top has a heavy duty 'lip' to wedge the 'flat plate' in place.
All in all that took some super heavy duty welding--not your normal 200 amp 'buzz box'!

Bet the operator's "pucker meter" worked overtime, that or he was high on something (and not the tower).

Think of the insurance premium just to cover that stunt!

/ didn't know where to post this one....amazing #13  
Kinda the same principle as a logger climbing with springboards. Only dumber.

/ didn't know where to post this one....amazing #14  
Those pics have been around for awhile now, but every time I see them, I have to stop and look at them again. It really is an impressive stunt, and one that I'd pay to see in person. Not allot, but for sure ten or twenty bucks.

That last picture is just the killer for me. I'm afraid of heights, I hate ladders and scaffolding. It's almost impossible to function for me above two stories, so seeing others who can do things like that just amazes me.

Eddie

/ didn't know where to post this one....amazing #15  
As you all know, that is the standard way to get an excavator on top of a building. The raising platform can be stacked for any height. When it gets to the top, the top swivels using a hydraulic motor. The operator get out of the machine and plugs in the hyd hoses so he can turn the top part of the tower so can work on the top floor. Just kidding guys.

However, if you can think it, it can probably be done.

/ didn't know where to post this one....amazing #16  
As you all know, that is the standard way to get an excavator on top of a building. The raising platform can be stacked for any height. When it gets to the top, the top swivels using a hydraulic motor. The operator get out of the machine and plugs in the hyd hoses so he can turn the top part of the tower so can work on the top floor. Just kidding guys.

However, if you can think it, it can probably be done.

J_J that's good, had me reading your most and then shot me down !!!Actually ... there is no operator, everything is remote controll ... Now I'm kidding!!
I think ???

/ didn't know where to post this one....amazing #17  
That looks to be a Liebherr excavator with a face shovel front. I dont recall the Chinese copying anyones hydraulic shovel yet. The thing that gets me if a rod broke or piston blew out in the hydraulics it would smack so hard into the tower the man would be toast.

/ didn't know where to post this one....amazing #18  
This was a publicity stunt by Liebherr.

Here's the video proof from the German TV programme "Wetten Dass ..?" first boradcast in 1997:

foxnwolf.com | media

/ didn't know where to post this one....amazing #20  
The video.. Awesome. I knew it was from Wetten Dass ..? but i couldnt find the vid.

Notice the lock between the tracks. I didnt see that in the pictures.Probably alot safer than relying on the tracks being wedged in

Ill see your crazy excavator operator, and raise you a crazy pilot :D Aerobatics