Deere X370 w/44” Snowblower

/ Deere X370 w/44” Snowblower
Differential lock is the round pedal on left side. Pushing down on this locks both rear tires together so they both spin. This provides better traction but you cannot turn with diff lock engaged. Releasing pedal and diff lock should disengage.

If you are trying to blow snow on grass you might have to lift the blower slightly so that it doesn’t dig into the grass.

I also should have asked if you are on flat ground or hill? If on hill you will find backing up hill can be difficult especially if front tires are in snow.
It is relatively flat. Thanks for the tips.

/ Deere X370 w/44” Snowblower
This. When you start sensing the rear tires spin, try bumping the blower up to let the edge of the blower skim the grass instead of digging in.

You should have at least 3 suitcase weights. Try adding a 4th if the above does not get you where you need to be.
Thank you. I’ll try that👍🏼

/ Deere X370 w/44” Snowblower #13  
Keep in mind, when you lift the blower off the ground, it also lightens the rear which reduces traction. So you don't want to lift the blower too much or it will work against you. I think you need weight on the back of the tractor.

Even 70lb. behind the tractor will make a difference. I was plowing with a 318 years ago and I built a wood box and bolted it to he rear hitch and put about 70lbs of rocks in it. It makes a big difference.

Edit: I see you already have suitcase weights. Thought I read wheel weights.

Last edited:
   / Deere X370 w/44” Snowblower #14  
When I was using a tractor like this for blowing snow. I had the rear wheels filled with fluid (100%) added about 150#. You definitely need to weight in the back somehow or you'll never get the traction you need to push into the snow. Also the suggestion to lift the blower a bit, yes. You just need to lift it enough to keep the skids from digging into the lawn, this gets better if the ground completely freezes.

/ Deere X370 w/44” Snowblower #15  
Only the X500 and X700 series have the diff lock. X300's do not. If more weight doesn't do it, then some sort of chains would be the next move. There are rubber ones that are less harsh on hard pavement that might help. You may need to try a couple things starting from the milder ones and working up to full-on chains to find something that works