Deere X370 w/44” Snowblower

/ Deere X370 w/44” Snowblower #1  

Eliot Ness

Tractor
John Deere X370 44” blower
I have brand new X370 with 44” blower and suit case weights. Using for concrete drive and grass lawn. I keep getting stuck on lawn. Only about 6” powdery snow. Once it was unstuck I would have to do foot at time or get stuck. I’m hoping it’s operator’s error. Any suggestion?
Merry Christmas

/ Deere X370 w/44” Snowblower #2  
Are you using the differential lock?only Engage this when tires are not spinning. Another option tires with better grip or chains. Turf tires on snow covered grass are basically worthless.

Last edited:
   / Deere X370 w/44” Snowblower
I do have chains that dealer installed. Don’t know anything about differential lock. This is all new experience for me.

/ Deere X370 w/44” Snowblower #4  
Differential lock is the round pedal on left side. Pushing down on this locks both rear tires together so they both spin. This provides better traction but you cannot turn with diff lock engaged. Releasing pedal and diff lock should disengage.

If you are trying to blow snow on grass you might have to lift the blower slightly so that it doesn’t dig into the grass.

I also should have asked if you are on flat ground or hill? If on hill you will find backing up hill can be difficult especially if front tires are in snow.

/ Deere X370 w/44” Snowblower #5  
I don't think the X370 has a Diff Lock.

/ Deere X370 w/44” Snowblower #8  
If you are trying to blow snow on grass you might have to lift the blower slightly so that it doesn’t dig into the grass.
This. When you start sensing the rear tires spin, try bumping the blower up to let the edge of the blower skim the grass instead of digging in.

You should have at least 3 suitcase weights. Try adding a 4th if the above does not get you where you need to be.

/ Deere X370 w/44” Snowblower #9  
I do have chains that dealer installed. Don’t know anything about differential lock. This is all new experience for me.

Elliot,
📣 Welcome to TBN and Merry Christmas.

Richard

/ Deere X370 w/44” Snowblower
Thank you
you also