Cub Cadet 7195

/ Cub Cadet 7195 #1  

Knight9

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2410 with turfs
Hi everyone. Only recently came upon this discussion forum. It has been very educational for me...a relative rookie to the tractor world. I recently purchase a Cub Cadet 7195 (19 hp, 4wd, hydro). It has only 18 hours on it. I am considering purchasing a FEL for it, however after reading many posts and following many threads, I am wondering if the tractor has enough horsepower and weight (just over 2000 lbs) to warrant a FEL. What do you all think?? I have looked at Woods, Kelly, Allied etc and they all have FELs for my size tractor...but is it actually a useful tool? Thank you.

/ Cub Cadet 7195 #2  
Knight9,

Of all the goodies you can aquire for your tractor, the FEL is probably one of the most useful attachments you can have. My <font color=blue>NH 1320</font color=blue> weighs in about the same as yours and I wouldn't know what to do without my FEL. They are a lot more fun than a wheel barrow /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif!!----Cliff

/ Cub Cadet 7195
Hi Cliff,

What make is your FEL? (Factory or add on?) And lifting capacity? Are you using it for light stuff or going for the gusto and pushing it? And I hear you on the wheel barrow...I'm thinking that landscaping 3+ of my 10 acres with a wheelbarrow would pretty much do me in!

Kevin

/ Cub Cadet 7195 #4  
Welcome Knight9 to the board.
I'm sure your 19hp Cub has enough power to handle a FEL.
FEL a useful tool....you bet and I'm sure 99.9% will agree here,and you will be surprise what projects you can do.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Cub Cadet 7195 #5  
Like caddison said, probably the most useful attachment you'll ever have on your tractor. You have to learn to use it carefully because you easily turn the tractor over with a front end loader; but that applies to bigger tractors as well.

Bird

/ Cub Cadet 7195 #6  
Kevin,

Mine is factory <font color=blue> NH 7308 </font color=blue> w/68" HD bucket. The bucket is a little big for the tractor at times but it works fine if you don't get carried away. I have moved some 2 1/2" washed rock with it and a lot of dirt and snow, man I wish it would snow some more /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif . The main thing is having enough ballast on the rear. I have had mine on three wheels a time or two /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif . That will bring you to attention. Once you get the hang of it and learn to work within the capabilities of the loader and tractor you can do a lot of work. They are great in tight spaces where the big boys can't operate. Also you may want to look at a loader w/quick attach buckets. This would be so handy if you want to add a blade or forks in place of the bucket. It is money well spent because it just make your tractor so much more versatile.---Cliff

/ Cub Cadet 7195 #7  
Welcome. Your little yellow & white beast has enough power to handle a front end loader. Many folks here have small Kubotas (B7100, B6200, etc.) and New Hollands (TC18) that easily handle FELs. These compacts are in the 16-18 hp range and do just fine. You just have to remember it's a small tractor with a small FEL and working with one is kind of like eating an elephant - one bite at a time.

I've been looking at both Great Bend and Woods FELs for my B7100 (16 hp, 4wd, hydro). Right in the $2,500 range. Specs are about the same and they both are quick attach loaders while the Kubota FEL is a semi-permanent mount.

Definitely worth serious consideration.

Bob Pence

/ Cub Cadet 7195
Thank you all for the feedback. Sounds like a FEL really would be a good addition to the tractor. The next issue for me will be research then. As I indicated I've looked briefly at a number of makes/models but not really in depth. One of the main issues for me will be mower interference. I have a 60" mid-mount mower that is a pain to put on/take off. I presume that a loader attachment could interfere with the mower attachment. If they all do, guess I'll have to trade in the mid-mount for a 3PH mower.

Thank you all for your feedback. Very helpful. I will post a picture of my Cub (there aren't any Cub pictures as far as I can see) as soon as I can. I'm also working on a "Cub version" of the graphic for my signature file. Hope you can all see it soon.

Kevin

/ Cub Cadet 7195 #9  
Hey knight! I have a 7265 and have posted several pictures here. Click on my name, choose view all my posts, and hunt from there. I have a cub loader and am very happy with it.

/ Cub Cadet 7195
Hi Steve,

I had actually seen a few of these after I posted my message....sent you a direct email regarding your FEL also. I gather from your notes there it is a Woods. How is it to put on/take off your Cub?

Kevin