CT 225 pull 6 1/2’ disc?

/ CT 225 pull 6 1/2’ disc?
Thanks. I don’t mind doing a few extra passes. I was thinking of putting a few cinder block on board also. I’m talking a total of less than 12 acres. I’ve never pulled a disc before. I know zero about setting it up. No idea how much hp I need to pull it. Was hoping with four wheel drive and loaded tires I could use it. I was going to go with a tiller, but read they compact the soil.

/ CT 225 pull 6 1/2’ disc? #12  
Those light weight discs like that, even with a few vlocks are pulled pretty easy. Old (lighter and 2wd) n-series ford tractors pull them with ease.

But 12 acres isnt exactly a small area for that disc. I'd imagine that would take a couple of long days to it everything a couple of times

/ CT 225 pull 6 1/2’ disc? #13  
Thanks. I don’t mind doing a few extra passes. I was thinking of putting a few cinder block on board also. I’m talking a total of less than 12 acres. I’ve never pulled a disc before. I know zero about setting it up. No idea how much hp I need to pull it. Was hoping with four wheel drive and loaded tires I could use it. I was going to go with a tiller, but read they compact the soil.

Go with a tiller.

What really compacts soil is driving over the field twelve times with a tractor laden with a too light Disc Harrow.

If you add weight to an angle iron frame disc chances are the frame will distort.

Last edited:
   / CT 225 pull 6 1/2’ disc? #14  
Tiller for 12 acres??

Unless ground is super wet 3000 lb tractor would not compact ground as much as rain does. Rain - water settles the ground to the point my tractor barely leaves any tracks

/ CT 225 pull 6 1/2’ disc? #15  
I have that same disk and it works great as long as you get rid of grass and thick brush first. mowing as low as possible and spraying with glyphosate 2 or 3 weeks in advance make it much easier to disk, i did a 9 acre crp field last yr and it did take several long weekends, but i tried my 6 ft tiller for a while and it was much to slow, for small plots under an acre the tiller is better, after the first yr disking a plot is much easier, you can add weight but not to much i destroyed a bushing doing that , i believe the new ones have sealed bearings.

/ CT 225 pull 6 1/2’ disc? #17  
It will pull it and lift it no problem. Use moisture as your guide for your traction.

/ CT 225 pull 6 1/2’ disc? #18  
Keep your eye out for a used disk. You will get better quality for a better price. I just picked up a six footer fully adjustable for $150