CT 2035 No start blowing 60A battery fuse immediately?

/ CT 2035 No start blowing 60A battery fuse immediately? #1  

chrisinmission

Tractor
Bobcat 2035
Hi, have had some issues with seat sensor but I don't think this is related. Loaded tractor on to trailer, shut off, fastened machine go to restart and 60amp fuse above rad continues to blow as soon as key turns on, before cranking?? I don't see any visible issues, fuses in fuse block seem good, swithched some relays around...any insight would be appreciated.

/ CT 2035 No start blowing 60A battery fuse immediately? #2  
You have a short to ground somewhere. I would put a light or volt meter set to DC voltage in place of the fuse. If you use a meter see what the voltage reads. If 12 volts you know it is a dead short. Then start removing relays till the light goes out or voltage shows 0 volts. Then check the things that relay controls. I suspect it will be the glow plug or fuel solenoid circuit that is the issue.

/ CT 2035 No start blowing 60A battery fuse immediately?
You have a short to ground somewhere. I would put a light or volt meter set to DC voltage in place of the fuse. If you use a meter see what the voltage reads. If 12 volts you know it is a dead short. Then start removing relays till the light goes out or voltage shows 0 volts. Then check the things that relay controls. I suspect it will be the glow plug or fuel solenoid circuit that is the issue.
Ok, thanks, I am not 100% sure what the culprit is. I took the ignition out it had been exposed to freezing rain and snow as we just had a bad storm in BC. I took the harness clip apart and cleaned contacts, then proceeded to cleaning the ground to frame connection from battery, it seemed a bit suspect. Finally I banged on the starter for good luck:sneaky: Then she fired several times with no issue.