Crimping hydraulic hoses at home?

/ Crimping hydraulic hoses at home? #11  
Does anybody have a good method for cutting hydraulic hose without contaminating the inside of the hose with debris?

/ Crimping hydraulic hoses at home? #12  
Got a bottle jack hydraulic press?

glean more insight here:

Wonder if the creator in the first YT video is still alive? He's on borrowed time from what I can see. You don't EVER use sweated copper fittings for compressed air lines, a bomb waiting to go off and kill you. Air lines, especially over 135 psi, MUST be run in threaded pipe, always, unless you have a death wish.

My shop is 100% in threaded black pipe with WOG valves on the drops, all of them. You'll never find anything else in an industrial setting.

/ Crimping hydraulic hoses at home? #13  
Yeah, I want to use those but so far haven't found any for one wire 1/4 hose.
Eric
So use 2 wire hose. They have the same bend radius of 3.94". The 1 wire hose is .52" in dia and the 2 wire hose is .57". Is the .05" going to make a difference for your application?

Just a thought. If it won't work, it won't work.

/ Crimping hydraulic hoses at home?
Thanks for that. I had looked at Discount Hydraulics and missed those. I don't know how. Thanks again.
Eric

/ Crimping hydraulic hoses at home? #16  
Another option is using the below linked fittings on valves, cylinders etc., etc... and then you can use generic straight male (NTP) hose ends...no dealing with angles etc....also makes it easy to keep spare hoses on hand...

/ Crimping hydraulic hoses at home? #17  
Friend of mine said he picked up hose (making) crimp machine, but no fittings. I ordered a couple of fittings so we can try it.
Just need help to learn how to cut hose properly

/ Crimping hydraulic hoses at home? #18  
Another option is using the below linked fittings on valves, cylinders etc., etc... and then you can use generic straight male (NTP) hose ends...no dealing with angles etc....also makes it easy to keep spare hoses on hand...

I forgot to mention these fittings are mechanical joints that require NO sealant etc...they are much hardier than JIC flares but work essentially the same but any angle is on the fitting and not the hose...

/ Crimping hydraulic hoses at home? #19  
Friend of mine said he picked up hose (making) crimp machine, but no fittings. I ordered a couple of fittings so we can try it.
Just need help to learn how to cut hose properly

A grinder with an abrasive wheel will cut it as good as anything else. Just do it outside because it’s kinda smoky and clean the dust out of the hose.

/ Crimping hydraulic hoses at home? #20  
Just use these.
I did every hose on my dozer with these years ago, ZERO ISSUES.
Interesting line of equipment. Thanks for the reference. If I ever get out to Grand Island, Nebraska that will be on my list of places to visit.
Some people go to museums or football games.... who goes to visit a hydraulic supplier? ? A TBNer!

rScotty