Crimping hydraulic hoses at home?

/ Crimping hydraulic hoses at home? #61  
   / Crimping hydraulic hoses at home? #62  
Back on track, I cannot see purchasing the required crimping dies or building a crimping stand when Parker Hannifin or Motion industries will not only cut cut custom hose lengths but apply crimp fittings, while you wait..
The crimp machine was given to us because it didn't work. I fixed it for my brother. We still will buy a hose. We don't make every hose we need. An auto parts store makes hoses, but it's high, like 150 dollars. Hydraulic shop does the same hose 40 dollars cash. Guess where I go. But it's not open weekends. Also we tore a log skidder down to the frame. Nice to have it for replacing hoses. It gets all new hoses. Hose crimper is left of skidder.

Attachments

• IMG_20220721_165318.jpg
    IMG_20220721_165318.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 53
   / Crimping hydraulic hoses at home? #63  
Does anybody have a good method for cutting hydraulic hose without contaminating the inside of the hose with debris?
I wonder if a tile saw would work?

Since they cut wet there wouldn't be any dust and it would seem like an easy cleanup afterwards.

/ Crimping hydraulic hoses at home? #65  
When Princess Auto makes a hose they blow a piece of foam through the hose with air. It loosens the particles and removes them.

/ Crimping hydraulic hoses at home?
When Princess Auto makes a hose they blow a piece of foam through the hose with air. It loosens the particles and removes them.
That's a great idea! I'm gonna copy it.
Eric