Coolant leak on 59 Ford

/ Coolant leak on 59 Ford #1  

BSfarms

Tractor
59 Ford Workmaster
I replaced the radiator on my Workmaster and when I was refilling it I noticed coolant come out of a machined hole (from the factory) right next to the oil filter. What is this hole and why is coolant coming out?

/ Coolant leak on 59 Ford
It doesn’t seem threaded. Would the plug just tap in?

/ Coolant leak on 59 Ford #4  
None are threaded, they just push in but you need to clean the hole of corrosion prior to and they are available at any auto parts store (you need to determine the diameter as they come in all sizes. They usually pop out if the cooling system has experienced a freezing condition, it's there to keep the block from cracking.

Did it freeze this winter?

/ Coolant leak on 59 Ford
None are threaded, they just push in but you need to clean the hole of corrosion prior to and they are available at any auto parts store (you need to determine the diameter as they come in all sizes. They usually pop out if the cooling system has experienced a freezing condition, it's there to keep the block from cracking.

Did it freeze this winter?
I didn’t think it froze this winter. Thanks so much for the information

/ Coolant leak on 59 Ford #6  
Does not have to freeze for the expansion plug to fail, chances are it has never been replaced over the years of its life and rust just finally got the best of it.