Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,071  
At my homeplace 15 miles from here my grandmother planted lots of different things over the years. I transplant lots here but don't know what a lot are.
The first three pictures we have these small yellow flowers that grow close to the ground, about size of a quarter. It apparently likes acid soil and grows under cedars and pine trees. Crocus?
Other is a bush, again small yellow flowers but bush can be 8ft tall. Woody green stem.
Both bloom now, early February. Bush I planted with other bushes.View attachment 782582View attachment 782584View attachment 782585View attachment 782587View attachment 782588
The bush is probably forsythia.

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,073  

Attachments

• 20220318_135637.jpg
    20220318_135637.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
   / Cool Nature Photos #2,074  
Can you get rid of that crazy dog picture?

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,076  
At my homeplace 15 miles from here my grandmother planted lots of different things over the years. I transplant lots here but don't know what a lot are.
The first three pictures we have these small yellow flowers that grow close to the ground, about size of a quarter. It apparently likes acid soil and grows under cedars and pine trees. Crocus?
Other is a bush, again small yellow flowers but bush can be 8ft tall. Woody green stem.
Both bloom now, early February. Bush I planted with other bushes.View attachment 782582View attachment 782584View attachment 782585View attachment 782587View attachment 782588
Cool little flowers blooming!

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,077  
You got it! (y) You can see the hops they are making as he slides along.
I have river otters (in the salt water). One came barreling up the boat launch and into the woods a few days ago. Those things can run really fast (no snow here). Google saws they can reach 15 mph.

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,079  
I have river otters (in the salt water). One came barreling up the boat launch and into the woods a few days ago. Those things can run really fast (no snow here). Google saws they can reach 15 mph.
I have NO IDEA what kind of otters are here, but we do see their tracks here and there. In the photos I posted*, you could see they or he was sliding along.

*my photos are never that good.

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,080  
They reintroduced river otters around here several years ago. I saw a pair about 15 years ago. They were much bigger than I expected.