concrete bucket

/ concrete bucket #1  

wroughtn_harv

Tractor
2013 Volvo MC85C
The alternative to having a mixer on my JCB165HF was to make a concrete dispensing bucket. All it cost was a days labor and about fifty bucks for a four by eight sheet of new three sixteenths plate.

I have a nine cu ft Stone mixer. The bucket holds twice that. I decided I didn't want to have the complications of moving parts or hydraulics with the bucket. Gravity will work everytime, at least on this planet.

I'll try to get some pictures of the bucket online today if anyone's interested. It's really simple and works like a hose in a water fight.

Sometimes on a big job I'll have them deliver a ten yard load of sand and rock to the job site. Since I set my posts by eye for line and grade it would be too expensive to have a concrete truck. No, not for the concrete. But for the standing time. That's ninety dollars an hour after the first fifteen minutes to unload the truck.

I'll set up the mixer and a pallet of portland cement next to the sand and gravel. Then I'll pick up a day labor or two just to keep me in concrete as I set posts. The concrete bucket on the tractor is designed to put the concrete in the hole with the post as I hold the post where I want it.

When I make the next one I'm going to make it where the front side with the chute hydraulicaly moves up and back out of the way so material from the pile can be picked up just like with a front loader bucket. Then the front is brought back into place for dispensing the material into the mixer.

The way you mix concrete with a nine cu foot mixer is you take a full sack of portland, 94 lbs. And you toss it in whole, paper and all. Then you add ten gallons of water. You follow this with sand and gravel until it's the way you want it. This ratio gives you good concrete. If you're wanting more strength all you do is add another quarter or half a bag of portland. But I've got slabs and sidewalks around the house ten years old that are fine and harder than a bad girl's heart with the bag per load ratio.

The paper and plastic of the bag goes away in the mix and you don't have loose paper blowing around the neighborhood either.

/ concrete bucket #2  
Sounds real interesting! I would enjoy seeing the pictures if you have the time!

Thanks

/ concrete bucket
If you look up under tractor trix you will see a whole bunch of pictures of the attachments I've made for my tractor.

I tried to attachment a couple of pictures but they're too big I quess and I don't want to take the time to cut them down to size.

What amazes me about it is it's so doggone simple and it works so well.