Clutch change Iseki TX2140 TX2160

/ Clutch change Iseki TX2140 TX2160 #1  

Marcle

Silver Member
Herefordshire/Gloucestershire boarders UK
Tractor
Iseki 2140
What's the easiest way to change the clutch please? I'm thinking the easiest is probably pull the radiator and move the engine forward. Or is there an easier way? The tractor has a sub frame assembly for the front end loader and rear back actor.

Also... Whats the part numbers for the following please?;
Clutch plate
Clutch pressure plate
Clutch thrust bearing

I read recently someone found alternative parts that were much cheaper, any idea on what alternatives I could use please?

Currently the clutch is okay, but i'm grating the gears when trying to engage gears. I've adjusted the foot peddle linkage, but that only made it slightly better.

/ Clutch change Iseki TX2140 TX2160 #2  
The easiest is just split the tractor. Just block up and split as designed to do. Any other way will take much longer. I've split mine and back in an afternoon with no shop to work in. Can find some clutch kits on Ebay.

/ Clutch change Iseki TX2140 TX2160
The easiest is just split the tractor. Just block up and split as designed to do. Any other way will take much longer. I've split mine and back in an afternoon with no shop to work in. Can find some clutch kits on Ebay.
Hi Topzide,

I've done conventional tractors before, so familiar with splitting the tractor, however it looks a lot of work to split mine as it has the sub frames and its four wheel drive. So is yours the same?

Thanks

/ Clutch change Iseki TX2140 TX2160 #4  
Hi Steve, the forward shaft for the 4wd will be your biggest wrestling match,

as for the frame we have, I would be tempted to just remove the bolts which attach to the engine block and jack it open a little to allow the engine to slide out the front as in a conventional clutch change just needing to go further obviously to clear the front, the front loader/loader frame fairly blocks up the front end, I changed the engine oil the other night and it was tight getting into the filter, not too bad just a lot more awkward than if not loader was fitted.

I replaced the rear axle oil seals earlier and did the same there, opened up the frame enough to get the trumpet type bits off.

Chris