Clutch alignment tool TC40a 16 spline

/ Clutch alignment tool TC40a 16 spline #1  

MVTractor

Tractor
2005 New Holland TC45A boomer
looking around the web and can't find a clutch alignment tool for this project, Should be 16 splines 9 1/4 disk diameter hole is 1' 1/16 may be off by 1/16" for a SBA 320040930R clutch This is aftermarket # Understand it can be done without but need to be sure. Thanks

/ Clutch alignment tool TC40a 16 spline #2  
looking around the web and can't find a clutch alignment tool for this project, Should be 16 splines 9 1/4 disk diameter hole is 1' 1/16 may be off by 1/16" for a SBA 320040930R clutch This is aftermarket # Understand it can be done without but need to be sure. Thanks

It can be easily done WITHOUT a clutch alignment tool.
Have done it TWICE on my Ford 1920.

/ Clutch alignment tool TC40a 16 spline
I understand that you can partially insert the spline then tighten the bolts, just a little concerned because I am not doing the project and thought if a tool was available it would be helpful If you have a better way would love to know thanks Don

/ Clutch alignment tool TC40a 16 spline #5  
I done a clutch alignment by shining a light down the splines and tapping the pressure plate which ever way needed to center it. Just lightly tighten the pressure plate bolts to hold the clutch plate in place. Once the clutch disc is aligned the pressure plate bolts can be evenly tightened down.

If you buy a universal type alignment tool you need to do the same as above and move the tool in a circle as it won't be a snug fit. The idea is to find the center of the circle with the tool before you tighten the pressure plate bolts.

/ Clutch alignment tool TC40a 16 spline #7  
I done a clutch alignment by shining a light down the splines and tapping the pressure plate which ever way needed to center it. Just lightly tighten the pressure plate bolts to hold the clutch plate in place. Once the clutch disc is aligned the pressure plate bolts can be evenly tightened down.

If you buy a universal type alignment tool you need to do the same as above and move the tool in a circle as it won't be a snug fit. The idea is to find the center of the circle with the tool before you tighten the pressure plate bolts.

Any decent universal clutch tool will have a tapered centering bushing that will locate the disc concentric with the pilot bearing. The key is having a bushing to install on the arbor that matches the pilot bearing’s bore. If not, electrical tape can be your friend.

/ Clutch alignment tool TC40a 16 spline #8  
Any decent universal clutch tool will have a tapered centering bushing that will locate the disc concentric with the pilot bearing. The key is having a bushing to install on the arbor that matches the pilot bearing’s bore. If not, electrical tape can be your friend.

I never thought of using tape nut that would work too.

/ Clutch alignment tool TC40a 16 spline
Thanks all, Will relay info to my mechanic though I think this may be the least of my worries cause after two months the slow boat to China has finally left the dock.

/ Clutch alignment tool TC40a 16 spline #10