Club Car XRT1550 diesel or Kubota RTV-X1120 or one of the Japanese options?

/ Club Car XRT1550 diesel or Kubota RTV-X1120 or one of the Japanese options? #1  

Sid Post

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 5711D, Kubota L4600, Kubota B2601
I am considering a Club Car XRT1550 with the Kubota D722, Club Car XRT1550, or a Kubota RTV-X1120 with its D1105.

The XRT1550 has a smaller lower Hp engine but, has more trailering capacity and an aluminum chassis. The RTV-X1120 has a bit more ground speed on asphalt (25 vs 29MPH) and the larger displacement engine is probably a bit better in my wet or muddy pasture or traversing some steep hills on my friend's property.

With my friend's Kubota RT-1100C, I find the ground clearance to be too low along with the high weight. This means it gets stuck a lot on my property if I am not careful where I take it. On my friend's property, in low (3-speed hydrostat) it struggles going up his hill or the backside of his pond dam.

The Kubota RTV-X900 is probably a closer match to the XRT1550 however, with Kubota I would probably opt for the extra ~$2k expense to get the larger vehicle. The XRT1550 would do what I need it to do I think but, it seems to be a lighter vehicle in use so, it 'might not' do as much as the RTV-X1120. The XRT1550 is ~450lbs lighter so, a big plus there for wading into a wet pasture but, what does that mean in terms of durability and overall 'toughness'?

Does anyone own a Club Car XRT1550 that can comment on it compared to a Kubota diesel UTV? What about the various Japanese diesel UTV or large displacement gas UTV options?

Primary uses for me are:
  • cattle fence building and maintenance
  • collecting firewood
  • feeding livestock
  • general goofing around, going fishing, getting the mail, hauling trash to the county road on trash day, and similar
What am I overlooking in my UTV thoughts?

/ Club Car XRT1550 diesel or Kubota RTV-X1120 or one of the Japanese options? #2  
Any diesel utv is going to be heavy,slow and not very off road worthy IMHO.And expensive.
Try a gas model,cheaper,faster lots better off road.
I have owned all the Japanese manufacturers,currently own a Yamaha Viking and Kodiak(same 700cc gas motor),we have had very good luck with a total of six Yamahas in the family.
I put 2-3K per year on my machines,both business and pleasure.

/ Club Car XRT1550 diesel or Kubota RTV-X1120 or one of the Japanese options?
The new generation Kubota's are ~2,000lbs and the XRT1550 is listed as 1550lbs.

/ Club Car XRT1550 diesel or Kubota RTV-X1120 or one of the Japanese options? #4  
Kubota is likely to have better parts availability if you are planning on keeping it longer than a decade or so

/ Club Car XRT1550 diesel or Kubota RTV-X1120 or one of the Japanese options?
Around where I live, there is a really strong Club Car dealer that moves a huge number of Club Car golf carts to various retirement communities and industrial customers.

With the Kubota motor, I tend to think I should be pretty safe with that vehicle over the long term.

And yes, I expect to own it for at least 10 years and 6,000 hours or more of use.

/ Club Car XRT1550 diesel or Kubota RTV-X1120 or one of the Japanese options? #6  
Kubota is likely to have better parts availability if you are planning on keeping it longer than a decade or so
Club Car has been around for over 60 years and since the split with EZ Go I'm guessing they and EZ Go have the majority of the golf cart business in the country. I doubt seriously there will ever be a problem with parts from them.