Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam?

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #52  
I use one of those cheap helmets.
I have my DIY test procedure that seems to work OK.
I call it "flick of my BIC" whereby my helmet should react instantly at the scratch of a flint.

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #56  
having endured one arc flash (by my own stupidity), switching speed will always be the most important aspect of any hood and what I look at when looking at a hood. Usually, the faster the speed, the more they cost. Switching speed, then viewing area then hood coverage. A cheap hood won't have a fast speed.

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #57  
having endured one arc flash (by my own stupidity), switching speed will always be the most important aspect of any hood and what I look at when looking at a hood. Usually, the faster the speed, the more they cost. Switching speed, then viewing area then hood coverage. A cheap hood won't have a fast speed.
My test for speed is as simple as a 'flick of my bick' i.e. the spark of a lighter flint, and I have done a fair bit of welding.

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #58  
Works as well but if you buy a quality hood like a Jackson, the switching speed will be listed in the specs. You get what you pay for. Only takes one arc flash and you'll regret buying cheap for a long time.

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #59  
...Only takes one arc flash and you'll regret buying cheap for a long time.
Do you know that every shield uses a Passive UV/IR filter; ensures no harmful lights can bypass. UV/IR never gets through any shield. The shading only blocks the bright lights.

Also, it's fine that you buy whatever you want...

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #60  
Do you know that every shield uses a Passive UV/IR filter; ensures no harmful lights can bypass. UV/IR never gets through any shield. The shading only blocks the bright lights.

Also, it's fine that you buy whatever you want...
I did not but I'll take your word on it. Sure about the cheap Chinses hoods too?