Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam?

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #41  
I am in need of a new helmet, so I ordered an ESAB from amazon, we will see how well it works, when it get's here...

SR

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #42  
Reading this thread left me re-thinking about the dim view through my HF 'Blue Flame' helmet that has a minimum setting of 9. The HF manual says the Blue Flame is suitable for flux-core from 125 amps on up. This explains the dim view I see when I weld using my Century 130 (110 volt DC flux wire welder) which has a practical maximum of only 90A.

The lower settings available on this Antra seem to make it a worthwhile replacement for the HF. After reading your review and many on Amazon, I just bought one!

Another feature of the Antra is a slightly larger window than the 'big window' Blue Flame. the Antra window is about 1/16" taller.

Thanks Dan!

how about an update :)

Just wondering if the helmet arrived un damaged and functional?

If so how do you like it so far?

I found another use for my antra -
did a test with the plasma cutter- and sure enough it is usable for cutting metal at up to 50 amps (max setting) on my cutter.

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #43  
Well, I got the one I ordered from AMAZON, but I haven't used it yet...

SR

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #44  
how about an update :)
Sd455dan, thanks for suggesting this Antra # AH6 -260-0000 from Amazon!

Arrived undamaged. I haven't used it yet. Went light to dark properly when I looked up at a bright light indoors, nighttime.

Quality seems competent but lightweight, I doubt this would stop projectiles (ie disintegrated grinding wheel) any better than the HF Blue Flame it replaces, in fact it feels even lighter overall. I see instructions to add a magnifier lens inside, HF couldn't do that. Feels comfortable, lots of adjustment range. Instructions show mounting it on a hard hat.

I wish I had more to say but this will likely stand idle until I need to repair something. That's my usual application, a few times per year.

Here's a typical repair project, that I described over on Welding Web. I remember that project because I couldn't dial the HF helmet's shade down enough to see the puddle, I just winged it. I should have bought this helmet after that experience. (For larger projects I have a 230A stick welder, the HF helmet is fine for that).

I'm looking forward to using this new helmet. If I get time I'll practice on some scrap. I'll post what I learn.

Last edited:
   / Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #45  
Well everyone asked (long ago) for an update on the Antra AH6-260 Helmet I described above. It works fine. This may still be one of the better inexpensive helmets. Still $46 on Amazon.

This year I finally had to replace the coin batteries, #2032, same as a car remote.

And I just replaced the front lens using a spare I had for the old HF Blue Flame. I see HF still sells the 5-pack of those front covers, #95949. But a 10-pack of Antra covers costs less per cover so I'm going to use up the HF's then buy Antra.

I used the old Antra lens for a template to mark the HF cover then cut 5/8"off the height. Width is identical. This fit the Antra helmet perfectly.

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #46  
Well everyone asked (long ago) for an update on the Antra AH6-260 Helmet I described above. It works fine. This may still be one of the better inexpensive helmets. Still $46 on Amazon.

This year I finally had to replace the coin batteries, #2032, same as a car remote.

And I just replaced the front lens using a spare I had for the old HF Blue Flame. I see HF still sells the 5-pack of those front covers, #95949. But a 10-pack of Antra covers costs less per cover so I'm going to use up the HF's then buy Antra.

I used the old Antra lens for a template to mark the HF cover then cut 5/8"off the height. Width is identical. This fit the Antra helmet perfectly.
Great, mine is working just fine as well. used it to plasma cut up a house trailer frame recently. On 2nd set of batteries and lost count of the clear faceplates. I ordered them directly from antra.

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #47  
Hello,

I ran across a welding helmet for $6.99, plus $5.40 in shipping. It is listed on Amazon, so you know that you can get a refund if it's junk.

Search Amazon for B019W7PH86.

There are 2 listings. One for $6.99, and one for $39.

I do sell on Amazon but I am not selling this item. I also do not have an affiliation with either of these sellers or this product. I am just considering ordering a few at that price and thought someone else might want one.

I posted this in the Hot Deals forum of another popular site. Has anyone seen, or ordered one of these?

Have a great day,
Steve

Edit: Everything this NEW company sells is listed at $6.99. It is probably a scam.
What do you figure your eye sight is worth? This is kind of like buying a cheap motorcycle helmet is it not? Maybe worse. Every time you draw an ark you are putting your eyes in the trust of that welding headgear. Choose wisely! Not particularly cheaply......

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #50  
What do you figure your eye sight is worth? This is kind of like buying a cheap motorcycle helmet is it not? Maybe worse. Every time you draw an ark you are putting your eyes in the trust of that welding headgear. Choose wisely! Not particularly cheaply......
This was back in 2016, and I didn't see where anyone actually got the helmet.