Cheap lake home? May or May not happen. (It is a go!)

/ Cheap lake home? May or May not happen. (It is a go!) #234  
Thank you for making it easier for me to understand.

When I moved to Texas in 2002, I was torn between buying a house on one of the lakes, or buying land. I could have gotten a very nice 2,000 sq ft brick house on a half acre, waterfront lot with a dock for $150,000

I thought about it for quite awhile, but eventually I decided that I just don't want to spend as much time in a boat as I do out in the woods. A few times I've looked at buying a pontoon boat, or a nice fishing boat, but I always talk myself out of it by realizing that I really won't ever take the time to enjoy having a boat. The few times that I've been out on the lakes around here since moving here, I enjoyed it, but I enjoy being in the woods where I live even more.

I hope it works out for you, it sounds like you will have the best of both worlds!!!!

I wouldn't want to be near the boat traffic and noise.

/ Cheap lake home? May or May not happen. (It is a go!) #236  
Looks peaceful to me.

/ Cheap lake home? May or May not happen. (It is a go!) #237  
Just read all the posts. Good job with the clean up and renovations.
At first I thought you were right on the lake.

/ Cheap lake home? May or May not happen. (It is a go!)
Thanks I wish I was on the lake. The lots are starting at about 200K plus if you could even find one. Right now I am still on track to be under 65K for 2 lots/1.6 acres, 1000 sf completely renovated with a deeded boat slip. The noise of jet skis and boats have driven my efforts. Something like I have now just sold in a few days for 300K so I am in good shape. My property tax is about $450 or less per year and I hope to keep it that way as I have been able to do all my renovations with out any County guidance. I really like your Tractor. I believe mine is much smaller but it has been a great help or I never would have done many of the projects I do on my own.