Change engine temp on cluster from Celsius to Fahrenheit?

/ Change engine temp on cluster from Celsius to Fahrenheit? #1  

Sandroost

Tractor
TYM574HST now. Previously Kubota M5700, Ford 2000
Is this possible? While I appreciate the logic with Celsius (0-100 is superior IMO), I'm 'Merican and I grew up with fern height and can process it more readily.
Is there a way to change the cluster read out to Fahrenheit? And no I'm not German either, just an old Texican, on a new 574.

Last edited:
   / Change engine temp on cluster from Celsius to Fahrenheit? #2  
Change temp from C to F or the opposite.
1-Turn ignition on, wait a few seconds.
2-Depress then release Info button so dash reveals voltage & temperature.
3-Turn headlights on bright.
4-Depress & continue holding Info button approximately 15 seconds or until temp changes from Celius to Farenheit or vice versa.
5-Done.

/ Change engine temp on cluster from Celsius to Fahrenheit?
Thanks tractorTYMe. That whole 9/5 + 32 was killing me!😂

/ Change engine temp on cluster from Celsius to Fahrenheit? #5  
I left mine on C, I'm a metric kinda guy since I suck at fractions LOL.......besides I went to school using metric.

/ Change engine temp on cluster from Celsius to Fahrenheit? #6  
Metric is better for distance measurement calculations, but Fahrenheit is more precise for temperature. You rarely, if ever, need to do fractions with temps. Maybe if Celsius had temps 0-1000, it would be better.

/ Change engine temp on cluster from Celsius to Fahrenheit? #7  
We will be biased against our mother tongue of measurements, I have to live with two now on a daily basis just like language LOL. But it keeps my brains sharp, so that's that.

Tomorrow I'll try for similar regarding going from km/hr to MPH. Wish me luck!

Sooo, tractorTYMe, do you know the secret handshake to get it to go from km/hr to MPH? Tried variations on the C/F* technique and still stuck on kilometers per hour.:rolleyes:

/ Change engine temp on cluster from Celsius to Fahrenheit? #10  
Unfortunately I don't have a speedo in my T474. So I don't know the secret handshake, one would think if the previous suggestion worked on the temp, it would do the whole dash?