Century 2535 - need a new head

/ Century 2535 - need a new head
I actually did have a picture of the cracks.

AC424FCF-A1C6-40D3-98EF-5E046679F3EE.jpeg

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #62  
Tore it apart today to replace the head gasket and there are 4 cracks in the head. Anyone know of a source for a new head?
I'm sure you're right, 3T90L seems to refer to a Yanmar design? But it is hardly any info on the web on these engines.
I looked up where I bought head for my Branson 2910i , I remember calling several places before I found Anderson Tractor Sales phone 903-693-6628 address 115 CR Hwy.59 N.
Carthage,Texas 75633
www.Anderson tractor.net . This was in 2016 . I also have used with success Sid’s Trading Company LLC.
2293 Hwy.25 South, Luca , Mississippi, phone 662-424-0025. I took my tractor to machine shop to see if it could be welded but the crack was all the way. I went ahead and replaced, water pump and radiator and fan. Hope these place can help. Mary “Sally” Brown

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #63  
That's crazy! looks like every cylinder has a crack near the valve. did it get overheated a few times and finally gave up? or just would not start one day?

Don't' forget to take some repaired pics. also once you get it back together run it hard and fast for hours LOL 😂

/ Century 2535 - need a new head
It did. 4 cracks total. I was tilling my track and it just started boiling over. It looked like a steam engine. It had never run hot before that which was odd. I will post pictures when I get back from picking it up tomorrow.

Last edited:
   / Century 2535 - need a new head #65  
Interesting that the majority of cracks are between the IDI pre chambers and Intake valves.
More common to see cracks between cylinders or near the exhaust valves.

Guessing the head will be checked for straightness, coolant pressure tested , magnafluxed, plus valve seats and valves be re ground before you re install it?

Glad you were able to find a shop that could repair it. I bought a remanned Pontiac 455 that had a few cracks including valve seat areas on the passenger side head re welded and then remachined, ran great and never had any leaks or problems with it.

Last edited:
   / Century 2535 - need a new head #67  
Nice, I hope it brings the tractor back to usable service for you, or are you gonna upgrade still?

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #68  
Hey @Huckster would you mind sending me the company you used i get stuff like your situation from time to time and would love to be able to give them a direction to go to if i cant get the heads for them.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #69  
That's awesome dude! I hope it holds. you have to send out a video once you get it back up and running.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #70  
Eager to watch for updates. I hope you get lots of life out of the fix.