Century 2535 - need a new head

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #91  
Makes me think the Korean tractor industry may be following the same track as the Korean auto industry: importing cheap unreliable rattletrap 100k throwaway garbage for the first couple decades before getting their act together in the quality department.
Personally, those couple decades soured me for life on Kia and Hyundai no matter what awards they are winning with current models and I'm leaning that way with Kukje also. Current ones may be great; but for myself, I'll stick with tried and true Japanese and American equipment

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #92  
My 2003 Century 2535's engine has been flawless. All my issues have been electrical. A few years ago I removed every single wire and then just wired up the bare basics. It starts quickly every time now, and I actually think that I have more power. At least it seems to pull the 6 foot rotary cutter better then I can remember it.

I wouldn't buy another because of all the issues I've had trying to get parts. If you can find anything aftermarket, go that route before trying to get it from the dealer. Odds are very good that if you've had the tractor for a few years, you're dealer has closed down.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #94  
I ended up buying a brand new water pump. Installed it yesterday, filled up all the fluids and she started right up. Sounded Great as it was idling and then the radiator starts spewing. There is a crack up by the base of the cap. Does anyone know of an aftermarket or generic radiator that will fit?
Huckster
Thought I would try to message you to see how’s things are with your Century 2535.
I have a 2002 Century 3035 with the same engine as yours, the cylinder head also cracked in the same place as yours in the center cylinder, I took it to a place to get repaired and only used it a couple times and the repair failed, not finding any replacements and now I have been told once it has been welded it can’t be welded again so, in a pickle for sure.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #95  
I know this is old post, but in July 2016 the head cracked on my 2007 Branson 2910i , it is very same as your Century, I called several places, I am in West Texas, and found one at Anderson Tractor Sales 115 CR 305,
Carthage,Tx. 75633;Phone 903-693-6628. I received:3 -spacers for fuel injectors- part-HRA0404900A4;
Intake manifold Gasket - Part-HRA0500200A3.
Part: HRA1200200A3(CWP Cover) Gasket. Part: HRD0402400B3:Head Cover Gasket. Part: HRD0600200A3:Gasket Exhaust Manifold.:part HRR0100400A2: Gasket, Head(A1700) new verson w/2 elongated holes. Part: HRR220C001A9: Cylinder Head Assembly (A1700). Total +Shipping $40 was $1371. I remember one shop I talked to it would have been over $1600
Tractor data say its a Kukje, who is now owned by tym, so maybe start with a TYM dealer, and then a regional rep on some help. Maybe they can find one in Korea and throw it in a parts shipment.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #96  
Thank you for the info, I will check these out.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #97  
Not sure how accurate it is, but I recently heard that the EPA is cracking down on repair parts for older engines that would not pass current emission standards.
Might be the case here?
That stinks!

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #98  
I am taking the head to a machine shop tomorrow to see if it’s repairable. I called a different Branson dealer and they recommended trying to fix it first but did say there are parts still available. It is the Kukje 3T90L engine.
Is there a drop in replacement for the engine available? It stinks, but 4/5k is a cheap fix for a tractor that size

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #99  
Since we're talking about the 3t90L, does anyone know where I can get rod bearings and piston rings? I found a place that had standard sizes but just can't find my notes with there contact information. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #100  
Not sure how accurate it is, but I recently heard that the EPA is cracking down on repair parts for older engines that would not pass current emission standards.
Might be the case here?
Only concerning total replacement engines, not replacing individual parts. The suspect engine would have to suffer a catastrophic failure like a tossed connecting rod to qualify under that EPA premise.

Find a competent weld shop and inquire with them about welding the cracks but yo will still need to take it to a machine shop for the finish work.