Case IH 385 fuel cross-over line.

/ Case IH 385 fuel cross-over line.
I ran new brake line material for a crossover line. I was able to bend and shape it in quite snugly.
I called a dealer, he said there is only one factory line in the USA at $535 plus shipping. Not an option for me.

I see the easy bending copper-nickel brake line advertised. I think I'll measure the plastic line for a replacement.

/ Case IH 385 fuel cross-over line. #12  
I called a dealer, he said there is only one factory line in the USA at $535 plus shipping. Not an option for me.

I see the easy bending copper-nickel brake line advertised. I think I'll measure the plastic line for a replacement.

Ouch. Agree on making your own.

/ Case IH 385 fuel cross-over line. #13  
Don't be afraid of a compression union if needed it will be much easier to shape and fit as two pieces.

LouNY, I was thinking of one piece that would reach between the two outlet fittings on the tank now and use compression unions to connect. Thanks for the tip on two pieces. What kind of brake lines did you use, steel or nickel-copper? If steel will work with all the bends, it would be less expensive.

/ Case IH 385 fuel cross-over line. #15  
I used the coated nickel-copper.
Steel would work I have found the fancy stuff easier to shape in using benders and a bit of hand shaping.

I suspect the 5/16" steel would be difficult to get those tight bend in. I'll use the Copper-Nickel. Thanks

/ Case IH 385 fuel cross-over line. #17  
fill with sand and weld both ends, it will bend easier with less kinks

Thanks for that tip!