Case Farmall 75A review

/ Case Farmall 75A review #41  
Category 2 or category 1? On my 3930 all that was needed was to insert the bushings that came standard to go down to cat 1. Things possibly could have changed but it was a brilliantly simple idea.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #42  
The 75C I looked at was cat 2. I wouldn't want a tractor that size cat 1.

The bushing idea has been available forever. You can buy the bushings at pretty much all the farm stores.

SR

/ Case Farmall 75A review #43  
Thanks for your input. I will probably look for a tractor thats cat1. These are really nice tractors.

/ Case Farmall 75A review
Almost 2 years into ownership and around 180 hours. The tractor is being picked up by our local Case dealer on Friday for a couple warranty items.

There's a real small brake fluid leak. I've had to top off the reservoir three times in the 22 or so months I've had it. Leak is coming from something underneath sort of under the driver's seat.

And just last week- the clutch started slipping and the clutch pedal is noticeably higher when at rest. Sounds like just a linkage issue, but the Case user's manual says "contact case IH dealer" in the how to adjust clutch pedal section. Since it's under warranty- they can take care of this too.

Otherwise, it's exceeded expectations.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #45  
Nice looking machine you got there

/ Case Farmall 75A review #46  
Hello Bryan 45. I too have a 75A, same as yours except for the seat. It was purchased in February of 2019. Currently it has approx. 149hrs. I noticed a few weeks ago that my forward and reverse clutches were slipping. I hope that is is only a hydraulic pressure adjustment and nothing major. I've contacted the dealer but have yet to hear from a technician as to when they will be by to check it. Please let use know what they find with yours. Thanks!

/ Case Farmall 75A review #47  
I have the same tractor, 75A with cab and front loader. I agree with all of your statements for both pros and cons. One other thing to consider is that this tractor does not like to run in cold weather, and by cold I mean -17F. The engine starts fine but the hydraulics, bucket and steering will not work. Guess I need to get a heated shed for it to sit in. I am told that if you take it out of a heated shed in this kind of temp, it will start freezing up on its own as you drive it around and the hydraulics will eventually stop working. I use it for snow removal around my house, so I cannot do that if it is cold.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #48  
I switched my Branson 8050 over to Cen-Pe-Co multi purpose fluid.
On that tractor the conventional fluid would not allow the starter to crank the engine over in cold weather,
the Power Shuttle oil pump would put to much drag on the system.
Changed to this para-synthetic fluid and she cranks over and starts good.
So a synthetic tractor fluid should help your situation also,
you can also cover the radiator openings to keep some heat under the hood.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #49  
I have been thinking about a grapple for the Case 65A. On the side of the FEL control arm I see a button to operate a grapple. Wondering if anyone has experience with that? The button would mean that the electrical is hooked up to operate a diverter, but does this tractor have a diverter already?

So, anyone here know what Has to be done to put a grapple on this tractor. Can't find anything in the manual about that.

/ Case Farmall 75A review
I don't know anything about the 3rd function kit- other than it was an option I didn't get.

Update on my 75A- Dealer adjusted clutch. They said it didn't appear that anything was wrong with it, or broken. Seems weird that with only 175 or so hours it would need it, unless something was loose and allowed it to loosen up.

Brake leak was a small "manifold" where the brake lines split to go to each wheel. This manifold also has a couple of extra outlets that were capped and blanked off. One of these capped off outlets was leaking. They replaced the cap and checked everything out.

Other news- that I hadn't noticed- they said the water pump was making a noise, and that typically this new of a water pump being noisy, it would fail early, so they replaced that too under warranty.

Good experience, and I'm tickled in the current market I didn't have the tractor down for an extended time waiting on any parts.