CASE 380CK HYDRAULIC PROBLEMS

/ CASE 380CK HYDRAULIC PROBLEMS #1  

rcarnley

Tractor
43 ford 8 n ji case 380ck (david brown)
I bought a case 380ck at a good price. I was told about the problems it had 3 point hitch "hung up" and one of the front loader lift cylinders were leaking. I purchased it I was thinking biggest thing wrong would be the hydraulic pump needed replacing ($400 give or take). I have bought a service manual and on some gadgets it does not do a good job of telling what they do. I got it home and the trans and motor and front bucket work fine except for the leaky cylinder on the bucket I changed out the trans/hydraulic fluid to find a muddy watery? mess the bottom screen was clogged up, and a filter that looked like it had been in the tractor for years. I got the fluid changed and lift was still in the up position I then started looking at a switch at that back of the lift, left side and trying to turn it I finally got it unstuck with pb blaster and a rubber mallet the lift then fell found out the switch was a hold for the lift arms. I took off the plate under the control lever it was stuck I got it working again. i took of a cap between the ram cylinder and the bleeder valve it had rust on the bottom of the cap I filled this compartment with oil if you take it off now hydraulic fluid will run out of it

any and all ideas would be appreciated
thanks

Attachments

• my tractor.jpg
    my tractor.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 622
   / CASE 380CK HYDRAULIC PROBLEMS #2  
:welcome:
To the forum from Northwest Alabama. Going up US45 through Jackson is my favorite way to go up to St. Louis as it gets me around Memphis. I have been through there several times lately.

/ CASE 380CK HYDRAULIC PROBLEMS #3  
I bought a case 380ck at a good price. I was told about the problems it had 3 point hitch "hung up" and one of the front loader lift cylinders were leaking. I purchased it I was thinking biggest thing wrong would be the hydraulic pump needed replacing ($400 give or take). I have bought a service manual and on some gadgets it does not do a good job of telling what they do. I got it home and the trans and motor and front bucket work fine except for the leaky cylinder on the bucket I changed out the trans/hydraulic fluid to find a muddy watery? mess the bottom screen was clogged up, and a filter that looked like it had been in the tractor for years. I got the fluid changed and lift was still in the up position I then started looking at a switch at that back of the lift, left side and trying to turn it I finally got it unstuck with pb blaster and a rubber mallet the lift then fell found out the switch was a hold for the lift arms. I took off the plate under the control lever it was stuck I got it working again. i took of a cap between the ram cylinder and the bleeder valve it had rust on the bottom of the cap I filled this compartment with oil if you take it off now hydraulic fluid will run out of it

any and all ideas would be appreciated
thanks

I have a good bit of knowledge and info on the hydraulics on the 380CK since I had to repair the rear hydraulics on mine. The most likely issue is the control valve located inside the rear right side axle. This control valve will get small amounts of dirt into the valves which will cause them to stick. When removing and disassembling this valve, there are a lot of adjustments that have to be set correctly or else the hydraulics will stay lowered all of the time or stay up all of the time. It is not the easiest thing to work on or adjust, so be prepared for a lot of trial and error. I could probably write a full chapter on the hydraulics for the 380CK. The Selectomatic valve assembly is item #19 in the attachment. If you rebuild this, make sure all valves move freely and pay attention to the exact number of turns required for the valve adjustments at the top. Even if you get the number of turns correct, it will still need adjusting correctly before it lowers and lifts correctly.
LDCravey

Attachments

• Case 380CK Hydraulics.pdf
    67 KB · Views: 307