Carb on S650G with a solenoid??

/ Carb on S650G with a solenoid?? #1  

Jerry B Good

Tractor
S650g
The guy that I purchased my 1975 Satoh S650G from had replaced the carb with a NOS carb he found on line. This one has a servo or solenoid on it with a wire with nowhere to go. He gave me the original carb and it did not have that feature.
So what is that servos' purpose? And could it cause problems such as restricting gas flow?

/ Carb on S650G with a solenoid?? #2  
If it's what I think it is it should be connected to the ignition. When power is applied it should allow fuel to flow to the engine. With power off it cuts off the fuel supply causing the engine to die. Its purpose is to prevent run on after the ignition is turned off.

/ Carb on S650G with a solenoid?? #3  
Maybe it is something to do with cold starting like a choke.
I if it runs and starts well, I'm thinking if it ain't broke...

/ Carb on S650G with a solenoid??
If it's what I think it is it should be connected to the ignition. When power is applied it should allow fuel to flow to the engine. With power off it cuts off the fuel supply causing the engine to die. Its purpose is to prevent run on after the ignition is turned off.
Thanks

/ Carb on S650G with a solenoid??
Thanks I am having trouble with it idling and was wondering if
Maybe it is something to do with cold starting like a choke.
I if it runs and starts well, I'm thinking if it ain't broke...
Thanks

/ Carb on S650G with a solenoid?? #6  
If it is a Nikki carb, it is for an electric choke. You don't need to connect the wire. You have a manual choke. I probably sold him the carb I was able to find several new ones.

Last edited:
   / Carb on S650G with a solenoid?? #7  
If it is a Nikki carb, it is for an electric choke. You don't need to connect the wire. You have a manual choke. I probably sold him the carb I was able to find several near ones.
Len, with the supply chain issues and companies scaling back to just the basics, it's really hard now finding replacement parts that work.

Then toss in the mix of machines older than 30 years too.

For example,
For some of the Japan tractor brands, the P15D-25 headlamp bulbs are nearly non-existent to find and are pricey. Yet, the cross-over works as the Wagner HM202 (H6 type) and each are less than $2. It's a win-win for the replacement as the bulbs are halogen and shine a bit brighter.

Likewise finding a perfect match for old equipment to keep running is very difficult now.

/ Carb on S650G with a solenoid?? #8  
I have a lot S650 parts. I have around 10 S650 parts tractors

/ Carb on S650G with a solenoid?? #9  
I have a lot S650 parts. I have around 10 S650 parts tractors
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. There are so many people looking for those PB100 Mazda engine parts of the S550 Elk and the S650 Bison.

Pinned at the top of this forum is a thread with a Mitsubishi PDF model specification document. In the back lists the parts network. I made sure your info is listed there too. :)

SHEAFFER'S TOWN & COUNTRY TRACTORS INC.
320 Palmyra Rd
Dixon, IL 61021
PARTS HOTLINE - 815-284-3226
email - parts@sheftractor.net
On-Line Shopping - Sheaffer's Town & Country Tractors Inc. | Dixon, IL
Japanese and Domestic Tractor Parts for many makes and model brands

/ Carb on S650G with a solenoid?? #10  
Thank you