Can my John Deere 2155 lift/move 1 ton armor stone?

/ Can my John Deere 2155 lift/move 1 ton armor stone? #11  
It certainy would not be my first choice of loader for that weight.
1684864807113.png

By the numbers it should be close, but it would be any easy way to have something screw up.
My Branson 8050 handles a ton nicely but it doest like a lot more then that and it's much heavier with a much larger rated capacity..

/ Can my John Deere 2155 lift/move 1 ton armor stone? #12  
You don’t know what you have for a loader?

Hang something heavy on the 3pt and go at it. Pump your front tires to 50psi whether they are 2 or 4 wd and take it slow. ONLY use pallet forks

/ Can my John Deere 2155 lift/move 1 ton armor stone? #13  
Incorrect about breakout.

Breakout force is how much the loader will lift at ground level. Curl/rollback force is something different

Some loaders list capacities at ground level (breakout).....capacity at 1.5m (59") and at max height.
Actually breakout force is the combination of all cylinders at their max pressure at ground level. Most people realize that when trying to lift something at ground level, you gain capacity if you operate both at same time. Some loader control valves do not allow that to happen, so a lot of times actual breakout is less than what the engineers calculate it to be, because they use max pressures on all cylinders to calculate the advertised numbers.
I stand corrected on my original statement, because I mentioned just curl, instead of curl and all other cylinders available to use, which is the correct way of measuring breakout force.
David from jax

/ Can my John Deere 2155 lift/move 1 ton armor stone? #15  
That is always the best option.

The op is probably going to be pissed off when you start cracking his retaining wall blocks in half.

/ Can my John Deere 2155 lift/move 1 ton armor stone? #16  
The op is probably going to be pissed off when you start cracking his retaining wall blocks in half.
My tractor can lift a ton with pallet forks on the loader, but it’s always at maximum load and I don’t like to travel far with one ton on a pallet. I usually offload a few rows of feed sacks, bricks, or whatever onto another pallet, then move each pallet separately. No need to crack blocks in half 😉

/ Can my John Deere 2155 lift/move 1 ton armor stone? #17  
My tractor can lift a ton with pallet forks on the loader, but it’s always at maximum load and I don’t like to travel far with one ton on a pallet. I usually offload a few rows of feed sacks, bricks, or whatever onto another pallet, then move each pallet separately. No need to crack blocks in half

When I was machine shopping the ability to move pallets of material was an important consideration. For one I’m already loosing money shuffling materials. I don’t intend to make it worse by having hand stack them. And the other problem is you can’t really cut the bands. If you cut a bundle of studs you’re going to have a mess to pickup. My wheeled machine doesn’t have much capacity to spare but the tracked one does it good.
IMG_4832.JPG
IMG_3201.JPG

/ Can my John Deere 2155 lift/move 1 ton armor stone? #18  
Overloading the front axle can trash your front axle bearings & seals.

/ Can my John Deere 2155 lift/move 1 ton armor stone? #19  
Actually breakout force is the combination of all cylinders at their max pressure at ground level. Most people realize that when trying to lift something at ground level, you gain capacity if you operate both at same time. Some loader control valves do not allow that to happen, so a lot of times actual breakout is less than what the engineers calculate it to be, because they use max pressures on all cylinders to calculate the advertised numbers.
I stand corrected on my original statement, because I mentioned just curl, instead of curl and all other cylinders available to use, which is the correct way of measuring breakout force.
David from jax
Incorrect still.

Breakout force is ONLY the lift cylinders and how much it can lift with a level bucket at ground level.

There is no specification that is comprised of trying to use BOTH functions.

The whole notion of trying to use BOTH functions at the same time and calculating some number higher than what either the lift or curl are independently capable of.....this is something that has been made up and continued to be BAD information spread as if it were gospel on tractor forums....especially TBN. So now others that DONT know.....read posts like this and think they are getting factual information.....but it isnt. So they continue to spread the FALSE information. Its frustrating

/ Can my John Deere 2155 lift/move 1 ton armor stone? #20  
When speaking of a heavy load. Moving the load and lifting the load can be two completely different jobs.

Max lift will be achieved when the load is at MINIMUM height. Lifting this load can be dangerous. If you are lucky - you might move the load but not be able to lift it. If you can lift the load - be very careful of - rear wheels lifting - entire tractor tipping off to one side or the other - something breaking.